+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rhipf

Thread: How to bring back lvl 10 - 65 pvp

Default How to bring back lvl 10 - 65 pvp

so first we need to bring back reasons to mentor, this could be applied to many areas of the game through level appropriate rewards for doing low level content

after that we need to modify BP tasks to include must grant exp factors to everything so T2 lvl70s rnt soloing easy 2k tasks

then we need to incentivize low level pvp mentoring through a level appropriate rewards boost to the drop rates for joining lower level matches to make pvp come back

next we will need to cap IA participation daily so players dont go for 12hours straight doing nothing but IAs and never learning what mechanics are as I see guys stand in bad ground effects and every other obvious mistake in the book when I am in them for my BP

then we must focus on the challenges of balancing mentored pvp players by doing that stat reductions we saw in NMT to keep from having T2 lvl70s from having 200% better stats than 10-65 players they face

do the math on all of these adjustments and maybe we ressurect pvp at low levels by incentivizing everyone to participate in all levels together

Sword of Telara

If we are force to mentor down to appropriate levels to do BP quest in old dungeons/raids I don't think this will increase the number of players doing those quests at mentored levels. It will just mean that there will be less players bothering to do BP quests.

I know that if I have to mentor down and try to find a group to do these quests I would just skip them (like I do with all PvP quests). Currently I can do the quests at a time of my choosing and be done the quest in ~10-15min. Adding level appropriate rewards to these low level instances won't make me any more likely to do them if mentoring is required.

If they want to normalize the gear/level of all PvP players so that level 10-65 PvPers can join the same matches as level 70 PvPers that would be fine with me since I skip the PvP BP quests anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    If we are force to mentor down to appropriate levels to do BP quest in old dungeons/raids I don't think this will increase the number of players doing those quests at mentored levels. It will just mean that there will be less players bothering to do BP quests.

I know that if I have to mentor down and try to find a group to do these quests I would just skip them (like I do with all PvP quests). Currently I can do the quests at a time of my choosing and be done the quest in ~10-15min. Adding level appropriate rewards to these low level instances won't make me any more likely to do them if mentoring is required.

If they want to normalize the gear/level of all PvP players so that level 10-65 PvPers can join the same matches as level 70 PvPers that would be fine with me since I skip the PvP BP quests anyway.
    now that you have added one opinion can I hear from the other 5000 players?

Exactly my thoughts because the thing is many new players enter the game wanting to participate in pvp. You see them asking for it all the time on the forums and in game. If they could pvp at low lvl's I think most of them would stick with the game. I like to level up alts and it would be cool if I could get them in pvp instead of the same old Instant Adventures over and over again. Back in the day we could level up through playing pvp.

Something needs to be done so we all can play together and not just lvl 65-70's.

Doesn't Guild Wars2 offer pvp to low levels by mentoring them up to max level and offering them gear?? I wonder if that would work out better, Just a thought.

Rhipf
    I disagree, I think it would help the game over all. We need a way to get low level players to stay in the game. They came to play an MMO , not to play alone or in IA's. Also I wouldn't mind doing old dungeons/raids at all.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    so first we need to bring back reasons to mentor, this could be applied to many areas of the game through level appropriate rewards for doing low level content

after that we need to modify BP tasks to include must grant exp factors to everything so T2 lvl70s rnt soloing easy 2k tasks

then we need to incentivize low level pvp mentoring through a level appropriate rewards boost to the drop rates for joining lower level matches to make pvp come back

next we will need to cap IA participation daily so players dont go for 12hours straight doing nothing but IAs and never learning what mechanics are as I see guys stand in bad ground effects and every other obvious mistake in the book when I am in them for my BP

then we must focus on the challenges of balancing mentored pvp players by doing that stat reductions we saw in NMT to keep from having T2 lvl70s from having 200% better stats than 10-65 players they face

do the math on all of these adjustments and maybe we ressurect pvp at low levels by incentivizing everyone to participate in all levels together
    They will listen but they wont let it happen.

+ Reply to Thread