+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dairdis
  • 1 Post By Lyedanpol
  • 1 Post By Kuick

Thread: Suggested PvP new greatest type WarFront attack/defend Main Capital Citys!

Default Suggested PvP new greatest type WarFront attack/defend Main Capital Citys!

So..i want to suggest way new type new version in WarFront 40vs40. But only Guardians vs Defiants! .
    Work Main all Capital Citys (i dont remember right now all his names) to be attacked and defended from guards and players to be killed all Main story Bosses in every Capital City and to drop many,many PvP items,PvP sets,mouths,and players to get titles like "Defender of (*name of Capital City or this name of Main last Boss in every Capital Citys)",
    "Slayer of (name of these Capital Citys Bosses)".
    And work on many variations achevements like how short time is killed every Main Story Bosses,or how long time is defended this Main or Last RiFT Story Capital City Bosses.
    Even you can work siege machines wich would assist to be destroyed these Main Capital Citys .
    Work in cannons wich would dmg whole Capital Citys and pieces from Citys when drop down to dmging only defenders, but not to dmging attackers!
    With this way would help a tlitle faster be killed all Main Story RIFT Bosses and because to while defenders do not hinder a lot on attackers to while try kill Capital City Boss.
    Work to be weekly PvP quest or every month.
    Im sure this new type huge 40vs 40 PvP WarFront be start love so much from all players base or whole RIFT community.
    This would is the best idea ever make from you TRION devs.
    Please,please start work on that!!
    Would be the most amaizing PvP idea ever maked in RIFT!
    I promise you 100%!! : D
    Whole idea is to while i play World of WarCraft so many years and we do that many times in past time.
    Or we make raids to attack Main Capital Citys. Was amaizing feel.
    Last edited by Dairdis; 04-22-2019 at 01:24 AM.

I like this Idea a lot, rift doesn't have any pvevp modes, Though making it defiant vs guardians isn't fair. I hate to say it but the population balance isn't there for that. Almost all of the good players play defiant you see.

There are other issues with this too for example the player-base doesn't always play things or use things the way the should. Lookt at the Looking for Raid system, people don't single queue at all like they should, Instead they form a 10 man before hand then use the LFR queue to teleport into the raid. who's to say something like that will not happen here with the cannons and stuff? people will probably ignore them or at least there is a good chance they will.

It would be amazing if the devs could make a 40 man pvevp map for regulos / Laethys / Binding of blood / (All old Raid bosses from lvl 50-65). They can even use this as a means to story tell (similar to chronicles) only it would be much more fun.

They could even use old zone event bosses like volan and make a pvevp or straight up pvp map, but honestly they will have to fix the core issues of rift first if they're to make rift pvp trully fun for all.

great idea though
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 04-22-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Rift Disciple

You can have all the greatest ideas in mind but until we have proper class and PVP balance this won't be possible. As a start, I think the game needs to revert back to when PVP stats included valor and have better exclusive PVP gear. Also I doubt we have enough people interested in PVP to implement a 40 v 40. Whenever I log in and hear about PVP I hear how dead the queue is. As a matter of fact I don't even play that much anymore. I went from playing 5 to 6 hrs a day to just log in for raids and then play another game. SL days were the greatest.

With that said. My idea would be to create specific PVP souls and leave the current souls as PVE. However, this is way too much work to implement so it is practically impossible. Anyways, you can only use PVP souls for PVP and PVE souls for PVE, meaning that you can't mix them. And in order to create a PVP build you'd have to be in a city or a dimension since you wouldn't be able to use PVP souls for PVE. If we had this I think it would make future balancing for both PVE and PVP easier.

Hello again...because i want make RIFT like over 5 years ago time like old times again so high populated and awesome. That why i did creat and this one topic( you can search and other my topics).
    Yeah..you are right..problem will be this low populated issue. But why would be unfair only Guardians vs Defiats?!
    What is this unbalaced PvP items stats issue?!
    Right to now players do PvP so long time to now or from years they pvping ,with this current state or like that?!
    And not only in WarFronts and in PvP zones,players PvPing to now like that!.
    I dont think so would be huge problem about unbalanced pvp items stats.
    Lets see what will happen in future.
    And btw i try everything to make out the game grow up again like old times(over 5 years ago time).
    The game deserve that and TRION devs and peoples. :4
    Last edited by Dairdis; 04-22-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuick View Post
    You can have all the greatest ideas in mind but until we have proper class and PVP balance this won't be possible. As a start, I think the game needs to revert back to when PVP stats included valor and have better exclusive PVP gear. Also I doubt we have enough people interested in PVP to implement a 40 v 40. Whenever I log in and hear about PVP I hear how dead the queue is. As a matter of fact I don't even play that much anymore. I went from playing 5 to 6 hrs a day to just log in for raids and then play another game. SL days were the greatest.

With that said. My idea would be to create specific PVP souls and leave the current souls as PVE. However, this is way too much work to implement so it is practically impossible. Anyways, you can only use PVP souls for PVP and PVE souls for PVE, meaning that you can't mix them. And in order to create a PVP build you'd have to be in a city or a dimension since you wouldn't be able to use PVP souls for PVE. If we had this I think it would make future balancing for both PVE and PVP easier.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Another thing they can do is "take" 4 of each existing soul and make a direct "copy" of them and change their stats values/mechanics to fit pvp. For example a pvp version of "Arbiter" if you want to tank warfronts | A pvp version of "chloromancer | Frostkeeper" Stright up make Dominator a pvp only soul since nobody uses it. etc etc.

having pvp gear with valor would be amazing, It gives both pve and pvp people a progression path for pvp. (instanced or open world).

Quote Originally Posted by Dairdis View Post
    Hello again...because i want make RIFT like over 5 years ago time like old times again so high populated and awesome. That why i did creat and this one topic( you can search and other my topics).
    Yeah..you are right..problem will be this low populated issue. But why would be unfair only Guardians vs Defiats?!
    What is this unbalaced PvP items stats issue?!
    Right to now players do PvP so long time to now or from years they pvping ,with this current state or like that?!
    And not only in WarFronts and in PvP zones,players PvPing to now like that!.
    I dont think so would be huge problem about unbalanced pvp items stats.
    Lets see what will happen in future.
    And btw i try everything to make out the game grow up again like old times(over 5 years ago time).
    The game deserve that and TRION devs and peoples. :4
    The guardian versus defiant issue is simple, the populations for each faction isn't equal, you'll be in warfront queue for a very long time if it was defiant versus guardians only. Also the majority of high skill pvp players are on the defiant side (I suspect) even if the queue were to pop it would be a very one sided matchup.

the pvp balance is two fold.

Not all classes (Mage,warrior,cleric,rogue,primalist) Have the same dps soul damage. Rogue does not do the same damage as a warrior. Mage can't do the same burst damage as a rogue or warrior and both rogues and warriors can't compete with the dps/healing/tankiness of a primalist.

The gear issue comes from the fact that Trion purposely made specific pve gear more powerfull than pvp gear. example: the pve earrings people were using which gave them a massive stat advantage.(thankfully this issue is being worked on so its not as bad)

Just because people tolerated the pvp and continued to play it even with all its faults doesn't mean these faults don't matter or make a difference in the playerbase.

And yes Trion(and now gamigo) devs/people do deserve a bit more love than they got but then again they weren't doing much to help out the situation or correct mistakes(mostly trion devs).
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 04-22-2019 at 12:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread