+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time code

Telaran

Default Time code

Quite often we are told that things will happen with reference to time zone "PT" - I believe this is American "Pacific Time", but I doubt anyone in Europe has any clue how this relates to their own time zone. On top of which, the game itself has its own time.

May I suggest the forum uses the game time, and has a displays a "game time" clock so we know "the" time exactly.

I would also like to suggest that the game "day" starts at 00:00 "game time" instead of 04:00, like normal days do.

Note: The forum mixes 24 and 12 hour time references. There is no such time as 02:00 PM. The zero preceding the 2 denotes 24 hour clock and is in the morning. There is 2:00 PM or 14:00. Personally 14:00 is preferable and less likely to cause confusion.

Well .. NA server time *is* Pacific time, so that wouldn't change much.

Post usually include BOTH Pacific and UTC, which everyone should know.

Xly
    Rift Chaser

I believe back when someone cared, they used a link to a timezone-conversion ;)

Edit: Nah, remembered wrong, they just posted GMT times ;)
    Last edited by Xly; 04-18-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Well .. NA server time *is* Pacific time, so that wouldn't change much.

Post usually include BOTH Pacific and UTC, which everyone should know.
    That is fortunate for people on that server and living in that time zone i guess. Does the NA server day also start at 4am ?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Take initiative and Google a time zone converter.

You can also use windows clock to add additional clocks and set up your PC to show you every time zone you want conveniently.

Windows 10 - Right click on time and date bottom right of screen > Adjust Date & Time > Scroll to Related Setting & Add Clocks for Different Time Zones.
    Google for the windows version you have if it isn't 10.

Edit: Resets for dailies do reset here at 4am and even if you live in NA there is more than one timezone so everyone here needs to remind themselves also that doesn't live where the main NA office is, which is the reason for PT.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-19-2019 at 05:21 AM.

Plane Walker

https://everytimezone.com/

Took me 2 seconds to find this. If you can't spend 2 seconds to do this then that's pretty sad.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Rift Disciple

Dailies resetting at 4am makes perfect sense - quite a few people play past midnight server time, and thus the "day" turning over when the most people are asleep is perfectly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Illvana Alea Mjolln Imalla Ketllina <Servants of None> @typhiria

+ Reply to Thread