+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Slipmat

Thread: Is there be work on merge trasfer program EU<->US servers?!

Default Is there be work on merge trasfer program EU<->US servers?!

In sure many players already create such topic or question to devs...so please info me , is there be to finaly complated such merge transfer program..

We have not been informed of any plans.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

The inability of EU Prime players not being able to transfer Prime characters to EU strongly suggests that its not on the cards for the near future.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-15-2019 at 12:42 PM.

in light of forcing EU Prime players onto NA Live I would think they either merge or start losing players who prefer playing on EU from the NA population

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

The announcement by Archonix of moving stuff onto Google's Cloud Platform might offer a glimmer of hope maybe? every Shard interconnected on the Cloud? Both EU and NA on one giant Cloud?

Not sure is that feasible but it's a free 100k Loyalty anyway.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5374941

I want also and players be merged or enable to play or LF dungeons ,raids,WarFronts,PvP zone programs be from both servers US, EU.
    I know you devs think about to now from over 5 years to now this year..but what is reasons you not want work on this programs?! Please community count to me reasons.
    I cant find alone reasons. Lag latency?! Is not easy to be work or created in such programs?! About latency i doubt so much this is reason. Or had enough players for everything or game populatione is enough?!
    About low dengeons dependence from day or daytime is not easy to find players.
    I stoped to play 5 years ago time.
    If i not have enough game situacion game info about everything.

I, too, think a merge of EU and NA would be overall beneficial for the community. But I can also understand that some people will have latency issues, personally I have around 150ms on NA which is still bearable for a game like Rift.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Latency shouldn't be too bad, i get resonable ms on NA so am happy to sacrifice that if it meant a larger pool of players, only issue(s) i can think of will be player names, if there were different players with same name on both EU and NA, heck there's about 10 'Slipmats' on most shards between my alts.

Also, it'll prob mean closing a few Shards, maybe three on each Region, keeping 13 Shards open might be a bit much, can always tag players as X@Shardname to avoid name clashes?

yeah my latency variation from PST to NA and EU is between 60ms and 120ms, I don't even notice a ping under 200ms so I think it would be possible, and right now pad coast gets a good 60ms or better to servers in dallas, imagine if they could transfer to a far east coast host that would put it firmly between most PST and GMT but thats only if they could afford a convergence of that nature otherwise yes they would have to make it strong enough to EU players connecting or they would ghost as a result of ping loss

Rift Disciple

I guess going 30/60ms from EU to 150/200ms in NA (even with VPN), would be enough for artifact collectors or dimension addicts, but for PvP players no thanks.

+ Reply to Thread