+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Seshatar

Thread: Challenges and Contests

Lightbulb Challenges and Contests

so one positive thing I saw that got players involved again were the Prime Challenges and the contest Confounding Contraptions Achievement was linked to

I think we need some of that again to get players actively doing things and getting morale back up, try to offer us somethings from the official dimension, mount and wardrobe forum threads if you are able, or bring back mounts and wardrobes currently unavailable and let us have another run at them

You mean like the creative contest that was posted 3 weeks ago, ends this week and has 3 entries so far? http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ic-lovers.html

The Confounding Contraptions contest was a special contest designed by a dev and I'd say a contest like that is currently not worth any dev time with the many more important issues outstanding.

CM-run contests doesn't get much feedback anymore, as the community is currently very small and the portion of players actively engaging in the forums is even smaller. People aren't even willing to post a screenshot and write some sentences about it for a (pretty high) chance to win some nice stuff.

What this game needs is good new content, balance tweaks and regular communication to re-gain players who then might participate in contests again.

That being said, of course the CMs can make more contests, as long as it doesn't draw any dev time from more important stuff, it's just pretty pointless (and probably disappointing for the CMs) to create contests and barely anyone participates in them.

As many players aren't in the forums and social media, I'd think it would be better for the CMs to show up in game during prime time's and run some events IN GAME (from throwing pinatas around to "kill the CM" events). This not only engages more players but also show that the CMs play and care about the game and can create and strenghen a nice bond between the community and the CMs. Live-streams with AMA/open discussions with the CMs would also be nice.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    You mean like the creative contest that was posted 3 weeks ago, ends this week and has 3 entries so far? http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ic-lovers.html

The Confounding Contraptions contest was a special contest designed by a dev and I'd say a contest like that is currently not worth any dev time with the many more important issues outstanding.

CM-run contests doesn't get much feedback anymore, as the community is currently very small and the portion of players actively engaging in the forums is even smaller. People aren't even willing to post a screenshot and write some sentences about it for a (pretty high) chance to win some nice stuff.

What this game needs is good new content, balance tweaks and regular communication to re-gain players who then might participate in contests again.

That being said, of course the CMs can make more contests, as long as it doesn't draw any dev time from more important stuff, it's just pretty pointless (and probably disappointing for the CMs) to create contests and barely anyone participates in them.

As many players aren't in the forums and social media, I'd think it would be better for the CMs to show up in game during prime time's and run some events IN GAME (from throwing pinatas around to "kill the CM" events). This not only engages more players but also show that the CMs play and care about the game and can create and strenghen a nice bond between the community and the CMs. Live-streams with AMA/open discussions with the CMs would also be nice.
    honestly the love thing should have run from feb 7 to feb 21 it was a hilarious joke of a contest to me, I would rather build a dim, and I recently cleared all of my dims and sold all the items

gimme wardrobe wednesdays again, I'll even host the Twitch and run the contest again if they give me mounts to give away for it

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post

I think in this particular case feedback heavily depends on the content. There might be people who have problems to write (fictional) romantic story in English. I think it excludes way too many people from already tiny player base.
    Telaran Extravaganza Eleganza
    Alphaine@Deepwood / BrassVespid@Deepwood (and plenty of alts @ <Jubi> thanks to chronic altaholism)

+ Reply to Thread