+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By babylovessky
  • 2 Post By FlipperPA
  • 1 Post By Razorfyst
  • 1 Post By Razorfyst
  • 2 Post By babylovessky
  • 1 Post By Razorfyst
  • 1 Post By Honoun

Thread: Zone Event Lures for Achievements

  1. #1
    Telaran babylovessky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    98

    Default Zone Event Lures for Achievements

    Since population is an issue I would love to see the ability to purchase a lure to spawn Zone Events needed to complete achievements. For example.

    http://i64.tinypic.com/mrzl78.jpg
    Last edited by babylovessky; 02-07-2019 at 09:08 AM.


    Check out my twitch stream!
    https://www.twitch.tv/kass2229

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    50

    Default

    If you know basic Python, this script will email you when zone events occur:

    https://github.com/FlipperPA/rift-utils

    I had it shoot a text to my phone when zone events I needed appeared on YARET.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Razorfyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlipperPA View Post
    If you know basic Python, this script will email you when zone events occur:

    https://github.com/FlipperPA/rift-utils

    I had it shoot a text to my phone when zone events I needed appeared on YARET.
    is there a plug n play version for us non programmers I would love to finish ZEs I havnt found in the past 7yrs

    Quote Originally Posted by babylovessky View Post
    Since population is an issue I would love to see the ability to purchase a lure to spawn Zone Events needed to complete achievements. For example.

    http://i64.tinypic.com/mrzl78.jpg
    I would love this, I started a thread in 2016 asking for the same thing, it never got any attention so it got forgotten fast, so imma keep coming back to this begging for it, I am a spender, they dont need to cost 2k credits, the current ones should be brought down to at least 500 credits and add all the rest at 500 ea, I am sure they will sell just fine and it adds revenue to keep game going

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Razorfyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlipperPA View Post
    If you know basic Python, this script will email you when zone events occur:

    https://github.com/FlipperPA/rift-utils

    I had it shoot a text to my phone when zone events I needed appeared on YARET.
    could anyone explain how to install this, I would love to use it I have a healthy handful of old ZEs from SL and Van I need still but rarely see anything but unstable up on yaret

  5. #5
    Telaran babylovessky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    98

    Default

    It's not the notification that is frustrating, it's the frequency. These events don't spawn anymore. Ergo my request for a lure for events for achievements.


    Check out my twitch stream!
    https://www.twitch.tv/kass2229

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Razorfyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babylovessky View Post
    It's not the notification that is frustrating, it's the frequency. These events don't spawn anymore. Ergo my request for a lure for events for achievements.
    Yeah I am pretty sure I have a thread started by me or Challengere that asked for those some time ago under Trion so maybe we can get Gamigo's attention

    some folks were putting DEVS in front of their thread titles in suggestions, not sure if they pay any more attention to them or not its hard to tell without them actually responding or notating in some way they have seen and are considering or not considering these suggestions and for what reason

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Honoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    444

    Default

    I concur, having a lure to start zone events would be a most welcome addition.

    Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Razorfyst View Post
    could anyone explain how to install this, I would love to use it I have a healthy handful of old ZEs from SL and Van I need still but rarely see anything but unstable up on yaret
    I've updated the README here with basic instructions. Unfortunately, the installation procedure is different if you're running on Windows or Linux, and setting it up as a scheduled tasks to run every minute is different depending on Operating Systems. But I hope this will give people a start:

    https://github.com/flipperpa/rift-utils/

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts