+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the chat restriction big issue

Rift Disciple

Default the chat restriction big issue

the chat restriction for (you have sent too many chat messages) is too high we can barely chat at all especialy if we are fast typer
    why penalize 99% of people for 1% spammer
    add a thing when someone type the same thing 3 times in a row within example 10 sec the person get chat blocked for 5 min

Quote Originally Posted by promico View Post
    the chat restriction for (you have sent too many chat messages) is too high we can barely chat at all especialy if we are fast typer
    Fast typers have nothing to fear, unless they make short messages.

Example:

I don't know anything about that
    It might be an idea to check the forums
    they usually have the answers
    The above should be blocked. But if you do it like this

I don't know anything about that. It might be an idea to check the forums, they usually have the answers
    then you shouldn't have a problem. The character limit per message is pretty decent, so there is no need to split up into multiple messages most of the time.

this is not an issue at all.
    normal conversation does not bring up these messages!
    i have conversations in game all the time and never have these messages pop up.

maybe send some screenshots of your convo to the CS team if you feel you are being unfairly treated?
    but unless you are actually spamming then i cant see how you are triggering a response that is really only for catching spam and not normal conversations.

if you have friends in game and you like to type one word to each other every 10 seconds then maybe open up a chat program to do so

Rift Master

I've actually run into this issue and I don't type a couple of words per message. It's very intermittent but rather annoying when it happens. Mostly just when I'm in tells with a friend. I type very fast and for a longer conversation that can definitely happen. Maybe exclude people on your friends list from this restriction.

+ Reply to Thread