+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bamul

Thread: Update the Presets! Please

Default Update the Presets! Please

As a casual player, when I started RIFT recently, I just selected the default Damage build from the Character Creation screen.

This chooses the Nexus Magus preset a 61 Ele, 10 Pyro, 5 Stormcaller build.

Now, I haven't had the worst time playing it but:
    1. The Mage Builds forum does not have any advice on playing this build at all.
    2. Without that advice I have no clue how to actually play it at the higher levels. The build "tips" allude to me maintaining elemental cycles but its not clear what the priorities are.
    3. Consequent to point 1. there is no (un)official guide so the [Guide] button doesn't exist so I can't follow up anything on this build

Looking to choose a different build, I notice very little correspondence between the presets offered and the builds that are mentioned in the Mage build forum.

Please for the love of Crucia update the presets.

Prophet of Telara

I guess there is nobody left in the Rift Team who has enough experience with the game, the classes and the backend to integrate new default presets.

You can find the best level builds 1-60 in the Prime:Vigil Calling & Soul Discussion & Guides forum and level 60-70 builds in the respective Class Guide Forum.

Here are some useful links for mages who show the most useful specs:
    Kugelschreibers Mystic Archer Guide Level 1-50
    Burninalways Harbinger Guide Level 1-65
    Burninalways Pyro Guide Level 1-60
    Scourge Mage Builds for PvE with Level 50
    Scourge Mage Builds for PvE with Level 60
    Harbinger Level 65-70
    Harbinger Level 65-70 (2 Button Spec spec for the lazy players)
    Mage Builds for PvE with Level 70
    DPS and HPS Ranking with Level 70

Up to level 50 the Mystic Archer seems to be the best choice and from level 65-70 the Harbinger seems to be the best choice for leveling. However, these two souls are not absolutely necessary. Basically, the level content is so simple that almost all soul combinations work. Assembling and experimenting with specs yourself is the great strength of Rift and is the most fun, so if you're not in a hurry, experiment a little bit with different soul combinations. With the more efficient soul combinations in the links above you save a lot of time because you do more damage and heal yourself at the same time.
    Last edited by Bamul; 01-01-2019 at 07:30 AM.

I have really been ... impressed by your Mage Build topics so thanks a lot for responding.

As the author of a number of the guides that the presets that do have guides do link to - a question then - would it be possible to provide some sort of basic write up on the presets that don't currently have a enabled <guide> button in the Preset system, that then could contain links to the closest equivalent current build?

Especially for builds - such as the Nexus Magus - that are a default preset selected during new character creation.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by GreenZomie View Post
    I have really been ... impressed by your Mage Build topics so thanks a lot for responding.

As the author of a number of the guides that the presets that do have guides do link to - a question then - would it be possible to provide some sort of basic write up on the presets that don't currently have a enabled <guide> button in the Preset system, that then could contain links to the closest equivalent current build?

Especially for builds - such as the Nexus Magus - that are a default preset selected during new character creation.
    All current presets are outdated garbage and they don't worth efforts of writing guides for them.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread