+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By sofeorus
  • 1 Post By promico
  • 1 Post By andysodandy2
  • 1 Post By Raptor7

Thread: continue/enhance planar attunement?

Champion

Default continue/enhance planar attunement?

would you prefer to be able to keep building up your characters planar attunement ( more than our current maximum?) { which is 1709} with the last 6 planar groups only having 2 out of 3 clusters of attunement available.

with that note. i think it should be updated. to include spots for our planar fragments ( combine the two together ... planar fragments added with the planar attunement clusters. effectively BUILDING your character using your planar attunement experience points ( and planarite) which "level up" the fragments as well as allow you to unlock more space for more attunements and more fragments. no platinum to upgrade though. just shared planar attunement experience/work to get all the old(possibly new) benefits.

i'd prefer to build characters in rift this way. which lets you keep questing/exploring etc without ever actually maxing out your character so fast that you have nothing to do or work towards

i am hoping in the near future that they boost planar attunement ( i found it a great way to work on all your characters and reap benefits on each once they reach level 50+)
    Last edited by sofeorus; 11-26-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Champion

anyone want to add to this? input/critique anything on your ideas to either make it better or do something else with planar attunement
    Last edited by sofeorus; 11-28-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Rift Disciple

yup keep building as always reward the player for playing is the thing to do also helps player seeking things to do

Telaran

This would be a good idea but I don't think anyone is home for Gamigo to help us anymore

Champion

I support this. I don't raid, so a lot of my stuff has to come from attunements. I would like to continue to do this - I usually go through each area and increase individual stats (I play casters) such as spellpower, intelligence, and wisdom.

I have an attunement question while we're discussing this. This morning I took a look at the areas (I hadn't looked at that in over 6 years, just stumbled across it), and I had almost 200 points available. So, I was in the Attunement of Death, Wand Mastery. I added 1 point (1/4), and that was supposed to increase spellpower by 2 points, but it only increased it by one. I decided to add another point (2/4) which was supposed to increase spellpower by 3 points, but it only increased it by 1. Is that normal, was this changed and Trion never updated the little descriptions when you mouse of the item?

Thanks.

NOTE: I've been in and out of Rift over several extended periods until about 2 years ago, so attunement and some other things I had completely forgotten.
    Last edited by Raptor7; 01-06-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    I support this. I don't raid, so a lot of my stuff has to come from attunements. I would like to continue to do this - I usually go through each area and increase individual stats (I play casters) such as spellpower, intelligence, and wisdom.

I have an attunement question while we're discussing this. This morning I took a look at the areas (I hadn't looked at that in over 6 years, just stumbled across it), and I had almost 200 points available. So, I was in the Attunement of Death, Wand Mastery. I added 1 point (1/4), and that was supposed to increase spellpower by 2 points, but it only increased it by one. I decided to add another point (2/4) which was supposed to increase spellpower by 3 points, but it only increased it by 1. Is that normal, was this changed and Trion never updated the little descriptions when you mouse of the item?

Thanks.

NOTE: I've been in and out of Rift over several extended periods until about 2 years ago, so attunement and some other things I had completely forgotten.
    it's an old bug that trion was supposed to fix a long while back (3+ years ago) but they decided to just leave it alone and just add more weird crap to the game instead of continuing to build on this awesome idea that was "planar attunement".

while there is a huge lack of things to do. the rebalancing(updating) of planar attunement would be fantastic. as this allows us to continue to grow all our characters who are level 50+.while being on any character from the account who are also level 50+.

planar attunement alone could do away with the ungodly amounts of imbalance amongst classes and the gear you receive in-game. though I am unable to just make a poll to move all stats on gear across all things in your planar attunement area. I do think it would help with that particular imbalance issue with stats.

i do think people would hate me for that idea ( in particular people who play the game to loot that rare piece of gear) rather than play it to build their character in a meaningful way. ( gear gets outdated fast. people hate tossing their epic/legendary/ascended whatever high quality and hard-earned gear out for some low-quality green quest item in the next questing zone.

my concept would be that ( if not already mentioned above in my original post) planar attunement be used as an all-around character development tool. which can be mixed in with the achievements aspect of the game. achievement earned? you just unlocked a few nice planar attunement areas to fill in with planar attunement points. finished x amount of quests? new areas to work on in your planar attunement. but doing so that you really feel that sense of achievement.

so TLDR: take stats off gear> combine planar attunement, planar fragments, achievements and stats taken away from gear into the planar attunement tree.

+ Reply to Thread