+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Suggestion] Make it easier to tell people on other shards

Default [Suggestion] Make it easier to tell people on other shards

Hello. It would be lovely if we could write the "@" symbol in chat. Right now, if you want to whisper someone on a different shard you have to open up the macro interface or something, write "@" and then copy it and paste it Into your chat.

Sometimes when people LFM something whose spots tends to fill up quickly, these extra steps makes it so the party is full already before you can whisper.

Path of exile also has a neat system where you can right click someone's name in chat and a drop meny appears with options such as "Invite" and "Tell". But I imagine this to be a much bigger change.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Left-click on the name

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...74/unknown.png

What are your keyboard and language settings?
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 08-07-2018 at 02:10 PM.

As ForbiddenLake's screenshot shows, you can right-click on someone's name in chat to interact with them (/invite /tell etc). I also can simply type /tell character@shard using my keyboard. I think there may be some setting (or keyboard setup) that you can get done. All these things you suggest, I have done.

Im using a Swedish keyboard and Swedish language settings (on the computer). I have a fellow Swede in my guild and he cant do "@" either nor left click the name.

Can it be some kind of settings within Rift I need to change?
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    Im using a Swedish keyboard and Swedish language settings (on the computer). I have a fellow Swede in my guild and he cant do "@" either nor left click the name.

Can it be some kind of settings within Rift I need to change?
    It doesn't work on my German keyboard too. I think Americans have their @ somewhere else on the keyboard and that's the problem why it ain't working for us Euro scrubs. ^^
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    It doesn't work on my German keyboard too. I think Americans have their @ somewhere else on the keyboard and that's the problem why it ain't working for us Euro scrubs. ^^
    That is my impression as well!

Are you able to left click a name in chat and have the drop menu forbiddenlake posted?
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Impossible to write @ in rift with a french keyboard. that's very annoying
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Rift Disciple

Maybe you should look into this before claiming that it isn't on your keyboard. I have found @ on any keyboard layout I googled.
    For me its shift+2.
    German: AltGr+q
    French: multiple possibilities, most use AltGr.
    You can type lots of special symbols by using AltGr. So it is imo unlikely that @ isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    Maybe you should look into this before claiming that it isn't on your keyboard. I have found @ on any keyboard layout I googled.
    For me its shift+2.
    German: AltGr+q
    French: multiple possibilities, most use AltGr.
    You can type lots of special symbols by using AltGr. So it is imo unlikely that @ isn't there.
    Of course we have @ on our keyboards and it usually works fine everywhere, however in the RIFT chat window nothing happens if you press it (it does work in the friend list tho) . ;)
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Of course we have @ on our keyboards and it usually works fine everywhere, however in the RIFT chat window nothing happens if you press it (it does work in the friend list tho) . ;)
    I see now. I did some testing and it seems all AltGr special characters are disabled in chat, but not in adding friend in friendlist. Shift does work.

YOWSA! I think I'd be screaming if I had an @ symbol on my keyboard but could not use it because it was disabled in chat. That sounds like a localization issue. I think it's great that we've had this discussion because I think it's narrowed in for Trion exactly where the problem lies. It's interesting that it works in Friends list but not chat. Anyway, I hope they find this and fix it.

In the meantime, I hope the "right click" on their name in chat and select /tell works for you. Since a lot of how we get cool folks together is in public channels, I can understand the frustration.

Proposal: Allow @ symbol keyboard input of certain European keyboards to work in public chat channels - Seconded!

+ Reply to Thread