+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Zornar
  • 2 Post By Zornar
  • 1 Post By Zornar

Thread: Dont't Run Two World/Promo Events at Once

Rift Disciple

Default Dont't Run Two World/Promo Events at Once

World and Promo events are one of my favorite parts of Rift, and was happy to see the new event, Grim Remembrance.

That quickly turned to disappointment when Summerfest started about the same time. I've got to either give up one event to concentrate on the other or split my time between the two and not accomplish everything I wanted for either.

It would be much better to run the events at different times.

While I agree, keep in mind that you have 2 weeks for Grim Remembrance and 3 weeks for Summerfest. Should be plenty of time yes?

I like both events as well, but the OP is right.. Probably shouldn't be running both concurrently in the future. It makes finishing them both a pretty difficult task and devoting all your attention to only doing these events and not just enjoying the game. But, i do like each event
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    While I agree, keep in mind that you have 2 weeks for Grim Remembrance and 3 weeks for Summerfest. Should be plenty of time yes?
    Summerfest (SF) seems to interfere with Grim Remembrance (GR) because we get SF life invasions instead of the death invasions needed for GR. It also just doesn't give you the feel that Telara is under a major attack from the Plane of Death.

GR is also a bit buggy, which slows you down. Lots of players are complaining about the poor drop rate for Shadetouched Scepters needed for the main quest. The GR zone event with Deadwood as the final boss tends to bug out with the boss not appearing, which makes the event fail.

I also find it a pain to complete the daily that requires you to use the quest spell to kill 5 minor mobs from an invasion. Sometimes I try all 7 shards in a zone to find an invasion, then ride halfway across the map to it, only to find that the quest spell won't work on that particular kind of invasion.

To get more than a few of the many new wardrobe items ( for both events) and dimension items (for SF), you need to run the quests on multiple characters to gather enough currency. That's a lot of quests. The SF scavenger hunt quests can be particularly time consuming.

Trion already stated the events won't run simultaneously next year, this time it's a special case because it's leading to the Prime RoS launch in 2 weeks.

That being said, people complaining they play casual and don't have the time to get all rewards - well sorry but that's intended. If you want EVERYTHING from the event you need to take the time to grind or take some money in your hand and go the easy way. It's crazy how entitled some people are these days. 'I want everything but I have no time so giv all nao plz fo free!!!!111'

Also people asking for a drop rate increase after 1 day for a quest you have 2 weeks time to complete is just LUL.

I finished everything in GR already (all quests and rewards I needed) and did all Summerfest quests on 6 chars. And yes I have a full time job, a girlfriend and move from Germany to Sweden atm. So it's defenitely possible not only for 'nolifers'.

So the only things that need to be fixed are the Shimmersand event rate, the event duration (for Prime) and maybe double the scepter drop rate (although you should be able to finish the quest within 2 weeks anyway).
    Last edited by Seshatar; 07-15-2018 at 10:49 PM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    If you want EVERYTHING from the event you need to take the time to grind or take some money in your hand and go the easy way. It's crazy how entitled some people are these days. 'I want everything but I have no time so giv all nao plz fo free!!!!111'
    That's not what my recommendation was about at all.

Simple math says that if you play 8 hours per day and spend 4 on Summerfest and 4 on Grim Remembrance, you will accumulate a lot less Summerfest currency and items than if you spent all 8 hours on Summerfest.

Other years I did grind on a couple dozen characters to get lots of Summerfest Merit Badges to buy dimension items. I never came close to getting everything. There is so much going on with Summerfest, it does take years to come close to getting everything.

+ Reply to Thread