+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Harumph
  • 1 Post By Seshatar

Thread: A few Fragment Suggestions

Rift Chaser

Default A few Fragment Suggestions

So I heard on the livestream that Planar Fragments are getting their costs reduced again. This is good, but there are a lot more problems with fragments than just cost. I realize that fixing them is not an easy task, but I do have a few suggestions to make them better that don't require a full overhaul.

1. Take Block and Dodge out of the pool of stats.

Block does nothing for most specs, and for actual tank specs, block gets softcapped very easily, making it not useful on fragments. While dodge technically does something for every spec, it's not really wanted often.

Getting block or dodge on a fragment feels like getting nothing.

2. Do something with Guard.

This one is trickier, since tanks want it, but it does literally nothing for everyone else. My best suggestion is let fragments with guard as a main stat still drop, and guard can only appear as a secondary stat on fragments where the main stat is Endurance or Max Health.

Also, I don't know if there is anyone still in charge of the addon API, but I'd like a few more options there for dealing with fragments. First - something like Fragment.Infuse() to automate fragment infusing (and letting me skip the animations).

Second - I'd like a way to deal with fragment sets, like knowing which set is currently equipped, and access to the sets not currently equipped. Reason is, imagine a tank fragment drops, but a player is in their dps set. I'd like to be able to compare that fragment to their tanking set and recommend equipping, infusing, or destroying it.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

DST
    Telaran

No offense at all but let me make this even easier:

- make tank frags have tank stats only, no dps stats
    - make dps frags have dps stats only, no tank stats

- Remove the fragment system and put offstats on gear again
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 550+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    No. Please don't. I'd rather have a separate system for the refinements between DPS and Tank, and other such refinements (like healy bard or SP heavy warchanters). It's bad enough managing multiple syngery crystals and Essence focuses. Well, managing them isn't too bad but having a FULL extra set of gear (or two) hanging out in my bags is not fun.

My vote is for a separate system for tertiary stats. But yeah, fragments are too random.

Champion

Yes, please do. We were promised that we'd need only one set for tank & DPS together but the 5 different gear sets that drop now made that not a thing. Since I already have to schlepp around a tank and a DPS set anyway, please put the necessary stats on the gear directly. Btw, dodge / block / phys crit / spell crit aren't "necessary stats". Nobody wants them.

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    No. Please don't. I'd rather have a separate system for the refinements between DPS and Tank, and other such refinements (like healy bard or SP heavy warchanters). It's bad enough managing multiple syngery crystals and Essence focuses. Well, managing them isn't too bad but having a FULL extra set of gear (or two) hanging out in my bags is not fun.

My vote is for a separate system for tertiary stats. But yeah, fragments are too random.
    We already have to use 2 separate sets of gear for dps and for tanking. If you are using the same gear for both roles, you are bad in one of them (or in both ).
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    We already have to use 2 separate sets of gear for dps and for tanking. If you are using the same gear for both roles, you are bad in one of them (or in both ).
    3 if you count PvP gear

Good thing Fragments were added to remove multiple gear sets, thank you for that devs <3

Tbh i'd much rather just be able to re-roll specific stats on my fragments, you can still keep the ****ty rng style if you want, but at least we wont be stuck with a BiS primary stat and trash secondarys, which is even worse for fragments that rarely drop (im looking at you T1 CP death frags)

They could make it so you need an item to re-roll it (please not another plat drain), I have thousands of Tenebrean Engines soooo, maybe put those to use again

Maybe in the next expansion (if that ever happens) if they completely remove fragments after spending 40k+ plat on my sets i'd be pretty pissed, don't think i'd be the only one too
    Last edited by Maltie; 06-06-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    The easier answer is to have ALL tertiary types of stats that are not base information for your calling in a different system - preferably one. The 5 tiers of a single piece of gear (Preserver through Overlord) is not good in general.

Just one set of gear and one nice system that is interchangeable with roles that can be used for things like Crit Power, or Endurance, or Guard, or Spell Crit. Heck, while we're at it.. have it also have things equivalent to old Valor and Vengeance.

Now, I'm not for Planar Fragments, but I'd rather refine some nebulous set of stats on my character sheet that just need to be ticked "ON" or "OFF" instead of managing actual pieces of gear.

Fragments would be fine if the stats on them weren't so random. And there were more to do with all the cores you get from them... Or if you didn't get so many absolutely worthless ones... and if the tier system was redone so you don't have to give newbies a sad look when they level a tier 6 fragment to 15...

DPS frags should only have DPS stats, and tank frags should only have tank stats. Simple fix, everyone is happy. PvP frags need to be purchasable with favor (seriously though Trion, why is this not a thing) or at the very least have tier 1-3 frags drop MUCH more frequently.

Raid gear only needs to come in two flavors: one for tanks and one for not-tanks. There's no tertiary stats on them. Cut out the fat.

All in all fragments created their own set of issues and nothing was really solved by adding them to the game.
    Last edited by Xydru; 06-06-2018 at 04:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread