+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IRC Changes

Soulwalker

Default IRC Changes

Posting this because I think it may result in some more action on live. Currently the only thing you can do indefinitely to grind and improve a character is running TDez for intel.

Last night after running out of charges, I realized my only option to improve my character was TDez or going to the store to buy charges, which IMO are priced too high. While reducing price might create more demand for charges, I have another idea as well.

Why not reduce the amount of charges required for minis in TD and IROTP? A lot of the raiding community has been on T2 for almost 6 months, so a reduced cost to gear up new players/alts in T1 grindable content would be a great way to keep people active on live while awaiting IGSB.

While on the topic of IRC, I think it should also be removed from raid rifts. Grinding rifts is kinda what Rift is about and locking people out of their rewards because of a cash shop item doesn't feel right.

Just the 2 cents of someone who wants to play rift, but can't really take much more TDez.

Soulwalker

The reason I picked IRC as a potential improvement is because it's a newer system, and I'm hoping it would be easy to adjust. I know often when feedback is given we find out it's an older system that is difficult to make quick adjustments too. Fingers crossed IRC is different.

Another way to help would be to increase the amount of charges given per week for both f2p and patron.

Plane Touched

Minis and Golems don't provide Intel, do they? Or do you need both Intel and Ethereal Shards?

I can't really comment on how long grinding out T1 is for new players/alt, I didn't rush my T1 gear, but I easily got all the Ethereal Shards I needed to buy the TDNM gear by the time I'd killed the Phoenix the first time.

I think the simplest solution would be to reduce prices of gear since it's what is commonly done and there's already procedure in place to do so.

Soulwalker

No intel from minis, but they do provide T1 jewelry. With 5 prefixes and random luck, getting a full set of T1 rings/earrings for DPS/Tanking could take thousands of charges.

I wasn't thinking of the minis as another intel grind, but as a way to help gear. Same with the raid rifts, they have a small amount of intel, but the real thing you want there are essences.

+ Reply to Thread