+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By SonoMoenia
  • 2 Post By LoxslayRift

Thread: Sharing/Banking Currency

Soulwalker

Default Sharing/Banking Currency

I would love to have all my characters able to access platinum, crafting marks, and more!

I have 5 characters with 1 doubloon each; is it super inbalancing to let me buy one thing that costs 5?

Input welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by LoxslayRift View Post
    I would love to have all my characters able to access platinum, crafting marks, and more!

I have 5 characters with 1 doubloon each; is it super inbalancing to let me buy one thing that costs 5?

Input welcome.
    It is possible for every character to earn 6 dubloons each carnival. You even still can do so. The carnival barker has a quest called "Cleaning up at Carnival". There are 3 versions of it. Week1, Week2 and Week3. You have to do them in order but you can pick them all up even starting now (2 days before the event ends).

The "high end" event currency is never sharable (Auroral Dubloons, Friendship Bracelets, Dark Icicles, etc). However the lower end stuff can be traded via vouchers. There's a vendor in each home city and one in TB that lets you buy vouchers when can be sent to other characters at a one for one price. Buy a voucher of 25 beads for 25 beads. Send it to your alt. That sort of thing.

Now get out there to stomp on balloons so you can earn some Dubloons!

Soulwalker

Vouchers! Nice, I didn't know they were a thing. Fantastic.

Can we get these for crafting marks? =) feels terrible to level an alt only to realize, with 1 profession, it's going to be 4 months before I buy the amender recipe.

Unfortunately, Crafting Marks are limited to each character. While I see the appeal for trading them, I think a hardworking, sewing-finger-calloused Outfitter would be pretty annoyed to have his hard earned marks given away to some free-loading Runecrafter.

There are daily crafting quests that reward crafting marks (Artisan, Master and Grandmaster, depending on your level). This is the best way to build up a stash of marks. If you're looking for just Artisan marks, you can also go foraging/mining/butchering in Ashora or Dendrome (Storm Legion maps). When you gather there, you also pickup some other gathering items that you can turn in to a vendor at one of the ports (who's name I forget now) for Artisan Marks. It's a daily turn-in. Finally, for 2 more days, gathering skills also garner special materials that can be turned in to the Parade Float carnival folks, but I think that is only for beads (but could possibly be marks too).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    Unfortunately, Crafting Marks are limited to each character. While I see the appeal for trading them, I think a hardworking, sewing-finger-calloused Outfitter would be pretty annoyed to have his hard earned marks given away to some free-loading Runecrafter.
    As a hardworking, sewing-finger-calloused Outfitter, I disagree. I would prefer saying, "Lackey Rune crafter alt, her are some marks, go make me a rune and a sammich."

+ Reply to Thread