+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SonoMoenia

Thread: More information

Soulwalker

Default More information

I think a lot of new and returning players would benefit from more information.

I played for about a year, stopped for about a year, and started again recently, and have often struggled to find information.

For example, during the recent Carnival, the available info about Auroral Dubloons was vague and incorrect. Most players said we would get 5 from the weeklies, but some players said we would get 6. It turns out we got 6. For other sources, players said we could get ADs from 4hr Minion adventures, from Carnival IAs, and from Dragon Pinatas. After many futile attempts, I conclude that the only alternative source of ADs was the minion 4 hr adventures. It would have been useful if the devs had given us the correct info to begin with.

I was also confused about the earrings, I didn't realise until I bought one that I could only own a single earring of any lvl, which to me was counter-intuitive as I expected earrings to come in pairs, lol. Of course, this would have been fine if I'd known about it in advance.

But I planned my game around winning earrings and other items (with the help of alts), and I would have done better not to do any planning at all! Granted, "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry", but it wouldn't have been all that difficult to include this info in the Carnival Announcement - or did I somehow miss it?

Now, the bit of info I'm searching for is whether the Carnival shop closes when the Carnival ends, or do we have a few additional days to buy items with our Carnival currencies. I've searched around, but all I can find is that Carnival ends at 22:30 UTC, no mention about what happens with the shop.
    Last edited by SylverMoon11; 04-03-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Hi Sylvermoon. Here's a couple of quick things.

#1 - Find a good guild. I've learned soooo much from just hanging out with people who play differently or have played longer or have different experiences. If you're on Greybriar, send me a PM and we can chat about guilds there.

#2 - Auroral Dubloons: I agree with your conclusion that AD are only available from the weekly and from 4 hour minion missions (and the minion mission thing is a rare chance, not guaranteed). I know that the weekly quests do not have to be taken each week. Right now, 2 days before it ends, if you haven't done them already you can take the quest Clean up at Carnival Week1 and complete the 50 games. Then take quest Clean up at Carnival Week2 and complete games, etc. So even if you haven't done anything - you can get all 6 AD right now. Granted that's a lot of Balloon Stomping.

#3 - Balloon Stomping is fastest way to grind those 50 games. Find an open group of people doing it and join their group. You can do that by clicking on anyone. If they have a symbol at the top of their portrait that looks like a plus sign and a person, that means they are in an open group and you can join. When in a group, ANY balloon stomped by a party or raid member counts towards your 30 needed for each game.

#4 - Carnival Gearz: The earrings are actually pretty tricky. First off - they are Bound to Account. That means you can trade them to your alts. However, being Unique you can only ever have ONE in your possession (equipped or in bag). The tricky bit comes when you upgrade it. When you upgrade and earring - it is DIFFERENT. So you can buy one of the top end earrings, upgrade it and then buy another one. That's 10 AD tho, so you'd have to have some left over from previous years or use your alts. Now the even trickier part is that they remain BOA even after upgraded and even after equipped. So I bought a fancy earring on my mage. I upgraded it. I bought another fancy earring on my other mage and I did not upgrade that. I send the earrings back and forth to my 2 mages. So when I'm playing them, they are wearing the best earrings available. You can not equip earrings not for your class so you can't wear upgraded Mage (Int/Wis) and upgraded Cleric (Wis/Int) earrings. However, you can buy them. So I got a Dex earring for my primalist with one of my previous characters from years past that still had AD to spend.

#5 - Carnival Shop - Based on previous experience with events - the store stays up for 1 week after an event ends.

I hope that's a bit of help.
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 04-03-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks very much, SonoMoenia, for your comprehensive reply.

Re guilds, I'm on the EU servers (Greybrier is US I think?), and anyway I would rather play solo for various reasons. I had figured out the balloon stomping and got all 6 Auroral Doubloons from the 3 weekly quests plus a few more from minions on all my characters and alts, but it's been a confusing process. I'm still a long way from the lvl 70 earrings as I'm in no hurry to level up... I didn't completely follow the explanation about BOA? etc, but it's not going to be relevant to me for a few years yet, lol.

I'm hoping the shop behaves the same as last year! If only the devs would give us some "official" info... unless, of course, they think the game is more fun and challenging when we're in the dark. Is that the policy, I wonder?
    Last edited by SylverMoon11; 04-03-2018 at 06:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread