Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By eunichman
  • 3 Post By Finerty
  • 3 Post By Kulta
  • 3 Post By Manasha

Thread: On Patch notes

Rift Disciple

Cool On Patch notes

I would request that when Trion does hotfixes that they either link the information for the CURRENTLY downloading patch instead of patch notes from a prior patch; either that or a simple "patch notes coming soon" link It's just a small thing and I hate to be the nit picker, but it would be nice to see the current patch notes . It cant be a matter of them not knowing - they know what they fixed

Plane Walker

I played Rift for many years and then quit for a few years and just now came back for Prime. Rift is one of the only games out there that only puts up patch notes after the servers are up.

Quote Originally Posted by Finerty View Post
    I played Rift for many years and then quit for a few years and just now came back for Prime. Rift is one of the only games out there that only puts up patch notes after the servers are up.
    Quote Originally Posted by eunichman View Post
    I would request that when Trion does hotfixes that they either link the information for the CURRENTLY downloading patch instead of patch notes from a prior patch; either that or a simple "patch notes coming soon" link It's just a small thing and I hate to be the nit picker, but it would be nice to see the current patch notes . It cant be a matter of them not knowing - they know what they fixed
    I agree why not let us know what to expect? They know when they are taking them down as they post that, why not include notes on what will be happening aka notes at the same time?
    Have you ever wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Finerty View Post
    You havent played many games then, a lot only post them after its up.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Shield of Telara

It has not always been like this. I don't know what has been going on lately. But you used to be able to expect to see the patch notes the second servers went down. As soon as I would get kicked from game I could open up the website and there they were.

But now you have to be playing the game for hours after the game is back up to see what has changed. I really wish they would become more diligent with this aspect. Seriously, what game makes you wait so long on patch notes after a patch has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    It has not always been like this. I don't know what has been going on lately. But you used to be able to expect to see the patch notes the second servers went down. As soon as I would get kicked from game I could open up the website and there they were.

But now you have to be playing the game for hours after the game is back up to see what has changed. I really wish they would become more diligent with this aspect. Seriously, what game makes you wait so long on patch notes after a patch has been done.
    I started rift in 2010 and you are right! So much has changed in how the players are dealt with and treated, I almost think I should feel grateful to trion for taking my sub money and all the money I give each month in addition for credits...
    Have you ever wanted to?

The reason most patch notes come up after the servers come back up is that if part of the patch causes issues they can take that part out to fix at a later time and still get the rest of the patch working. They then build the patch notes based on what went live that was working.

If they released the patch notes before hand, if something didn't work and was a key part of the patch, people would really complain that it was in the notes but didn't make the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Githil View Post
    The reason most patch notes come up after the servers come back up is that if part of the patch causes issues they can take that part out to fix at a later time and still get the rest of the patch working. They then build the patch notes based on what went live that was working.

If they released the patch notes before hand, if something didn't work and was a key part of the patch, people would really complain that it was in the notes but didn't make the patch.
    That actually happens vey often, actually. But they post letting us know there is an issue and this is what will be happening and why.. communication is key. Hotfixes live not only in rift but most games.
    Have you ever wanted to?

+ Reply to Thread