+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rhipf

Thread: Carnvial level changes

Shadowlander

Exclamation Carnvial level changes

A lot of stuff in the Carnival needs to be adjusted so ALL players can enjoy it not just near max level

1. Story rifts in shimmersand
    the lvl 65 rifts need to have their power cut WAY down. even with my own lvl 65 chars im still getting one-shotted by the superbosses an their Overpowered Over-raged Mass AOE

2. story questline. why is it max level? its a Holiday Event Storyline. Min Req level should be 10 at most.

this message will self destruct.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxasthedemonslayer View Post
    A lot of stuff in the Carnival needs to be adjusted so ALL players can enjoy it not just near max level

the lvl 65 rifts need to have their power cut WAY down. even with my own lvl 65 chars im still getting one-shotted by the superbosses an their Overpowered Over-raged Mass AOE

2. story questline. why is it max level? its a Holiday Event Storyline. Min Req level should be 10 at most.

Was wondering about this - I've never participated in the Carnival event, but it appears from googling that in order to access the area (Tempest Bay) you need to be around 50 - correct? I have some characters on Live in their 30's, so was just wondering.

Hey Roxxas ... you left off "in five seconds"
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GamingMimi View Post
    Was wondering about this - I've never participated in the Carnival event, but it appears from googling that in order to access the area (Tempest Bay) you need to be around 50 - correct? I have some characters on Live in their 30's, so was just wondering.

Hey Roxxas ... you left off "in five seconds"
    You can do MOST of the event at level 10+. In Meridian and Sanctum you can find an NPC that will port you to TB for the carnival.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by GamingMimi View Post
    it appears from googling that in order to access the area (Tempest Bay) you need to be around 50 - correct?
    You can get a free transport to Fortune Shore in Shimmersand during Carnival. The teleports are in your home city or Tempest Bay so you can get there well below 50. You can survive in Fortune Shore at level 10 if you are a little careful. I often teleport my low level characters to Fortune Shore for the Fae Yule daily quest and never had a problem.

Shimmersand is a 43-50 zone so you need to be in that range to survive the mobs outside Fortune Shore.

You can get a 70 or other high level player to sidekick you to a higher level to do the raid rifts.

Ooooo thank you forbiddenlake and Zornar!
    Good to know
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxasthedemonslayer View Post

1- If you are trying to do the event rifts solo that is probably your problem. These were introduced as group content. If you are doing them in a full party and are still having problems then it could be either the heals aren't good enough or you aren't paying attention to the mechanics of the boss. If all of that has been accounted for then yes there may be a need to look at toning down the bosses. ***Note: trying to get a full raid to run these rifts is next to impossible so maybe it is time to tone this down so it can be done solo with a level 70 toon.

2- the story quest was added to the Carnival during Nightmare Tides and was meant to give the maxed players something new. It also rewards a NMT T1 (or it maybe T2) cape so really wouldn't be worth lower characters to run.
    Last edited by Rhipf; 03-21-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post

2- the story quest was added to the Carnival during Nightmare Tides and was meant to give the maxed players something new. It also rewards a NMT T1 (or it maybe T2) cape so really wouldn't be worth lower characters to run.
    I imagine a lot of players run them for the achievement. Some of raids can be soloed by a decent 70. I did them all and was never in close a full raid group but there was usually a 70 or two.

It would be nice if they identified what the maximum level was for each of the raids to qualify for the achievement. Some of the raids are higher level than others. One of the I could do at 70 and get credit. Others I was mentored down to 50.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    It would be nice if they identified what the maximum level was for each of the raids to qualify for the achievement. Some of the raids are higher level than others. One of the I could do at 70 and get credit. Others I was mentored down to 50.

The only real requirement for the achievement is that the rift has to give experience. Just stay within 7 levels of the rift (if you mouse over the rift on the mini-map it will show you the level of the rift). I believe the Carnival Raid Rifts range from 50-65 (but don't quote me on that).

+ Reply to Thread