+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By LoxslayRift
  • 1 Post By LoxslayRift
  • 1 Post By LoxslayRift
  • 1 Post By LoxslayRift
  • 1 Post By Kulta

Thread: Shard Vault - (and how not to rip players off)

Soulwalker

Default Shard Vault - (and how not to rip players off)

I'm very new. I am a bit na´ve. I just bought the shard vault for nearly 3,000 credits.

How about you add a tooltip or disclaimer something along these lines: "If you are new to the game, and you see that every character on every shard you have ever created has access to a bank vault of 64 slots... and if you've bought ascended essentials and every character on every shard has a second bank vault of 64 slots... Please don't assume there will be 64 slots in the Shard vault. We purposely don't disclose how many will be there, so good luck and SURPRISE! (PS: Thanks for the $20)."

Would it kill you to add "Would you like to purchase a 32 slot shard vault for..."?

I am quite disappointed.

I'm sorry you had an expectation and it was not met. I can easily see how you might assume the bank vault is 2 sections (64 slots). From a different perspective - ALL bank vaults were always only 32 slots. That includes any new ones you buy and also the shard one you can buy. It was an extremely pleasant surprise when all of a sudden both my main vault and my secondary vault were now suddenly doubled in size. Quite a nice thing they did for me there.. for free...

However, you do bring up a good point. New players may never have seen that a bank vault was only 32 slots. So it might be nice if the information about the size of the vault you are purchasing was part of the pop-up.

Your assumption about what you were buying is completely reasonable based on the fact that you may never have seen the smaller bank vaults. You can certainly put in a CS ticket to see if they can help you with a refund. I just suggest that you approach that with a bit less of an acerbic tone.

Soulwalker

My tone may be more pleasant if I hadn't purchased a 3 month patron pass on February 3rd for $41 which ran out tonight, only 17 days later. And guess what, clicking the resubscribe button charged me $41 more tonight. I'm out over $80 and got half of what I expected. Kind of like those shard bank slots...

You are talking about the Shard Vault in the bank..

This is not the same as a bank vault, which is much cheaper.
    I can't remember where exactly it is written down, but the SHARD Vault is a shared 32 slot vault. All your characters on that shard can access that SHARD Vault.

And you have a Shard Vault on each shard, so on any given shard, you will have a 32 slot vault, that can be accessed by all the characters on your account that are on that shard.

A bankvault is a private bankvault for that char only.

sidenote.. this is the discussion on the Shard Vault when it was introduced...

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...0-credits.html
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-21-2018 at 01:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    You are talking about the Shard Vault in the bank..

This is not the same as a bank vault, which is much cheaper.
    I can't remember where exactly it is written down, but the SHARD Vault is a shared 32 slot vault. All your characters on that shard can access that SHARD Vault.

And you have a Shard Vault on each shard, so on any given shard, you will have a 32 slot vault, that can be accessed by all the characters on your account that are on that shard.

A bankvault is a private bankvault for that char only.

sidenote.. this is the discussion on the Shard Vault when it was introduced...

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...0-credits.html
    I think it's a bit much to require new players to wade through a decade worth of forum posts to delineate that only 3 of the 4 bank slot purchases are 64 slots, and the most expensive one is not.

I didn't know a bank tab of less than 64 slots even existed.

perhaps it helps to know it took me 1 minute to find the thread on google?

I agree there should be a better/good tooltip for the vaults.

On the other side... you can buy multiple bank vaults (certainly more than 9)... and SHARD vault is named differently. The price being almost 3x the other bankvaults should already have been an indication, that something different was going on with this shard vault.

From experience it never hurts to look up something before spending credits on.

I'm not saying this is your fault, certainly not. Just be careful next time and maybe try to contact CS to undo this purchase?

sidenote on your remark that 3 out of 4 bankslots are 64 slots..
    You only see so many unlocked bankvault slots and they are all from a different source.

once you unlock the first regular bankvault slot, a new unlockable regular bankvault slot will show.

@Sonomoenia I'm not even sure any new purchased bankvault slot is 64 slots.. I remember those being 32slots when I bought them. At a certain point I just went from bankvaults to alts with a guildvault.. much cheaper.
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-21-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    perhaps it helps to know it took me 1 minute to find the thread on google?

I agree there should be a better/good tooltip for the vaults.

On the other side... you can buy multiple bank vaults (certainly more than 9)... and SHARD vault is named differently. The price being almost 3x the other bankvaults should already have been an indication, that something different was going on with this shard vault.

From experience it never hurts to look up something before spending credits on.

I'm not saying this is your fault, certainly not. Just be careful next time and maybe try to contact CS to undo this purchase?

sidenote on your remark that 3 out of 4 bankslots are 64 slots..
    You only see so many unlocked bankvault slots and they are all from a different source.

once you unlock the first regular bankvault slot, a new unlockable regular bankvault slot will show.

@Sonomoenia I'm not even sure any new purchased bankvault slot is 64 slots.. I remember those being 32slots when I bought them. At a certain point I just went from bankvaults to alts with a guildvault.. much cheaper.
    Your 1 minute Google-fu aside, a new player should be able to get 100% of the information regarding what he is buying in-game, IN-GAME.

It would be no different from buying the sixth bag slot and being unable to put a bag in it, having to Google up the fact that the sixth bag can be no larger that 4 slots.

How would I know this in advance? What would even tip me off to maybe Google search to make sure it was a"full" bag slot (able to hold any bag size)?
    Last edited by LoxslayRift; 02-21-2018 at 06:27 AM.

I understand the OP's frustration, really.

It does happen with older games that there are many things that all the players "know", but for newer players (even after researching the game) there will still be a lot of information that just has to be learned during gameplay, hopefully from other helpful players, but sometimes players do learn "the hard way".

Generally, I like to know basic things like the size of the storage I am purchasing, so it might be good to update the description when they get the time. Since the shard vault is shared storage for all characters on the server, it does however bring an added utility for the price, which may be why the team left it "as is" when increasing the bank storage.

I'm more concerned about the OP's patron subscription problems. Hopefully you have put in a ticket with CS for that - I would think that second transaction could be reversed and you initial sub time properly adjusted.

Good luck OP, hope everything gets straightened out!
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by LoxslayRift View Post
    I'm very new. I am a bit na´ve. I just bought the shard vault for nearly 3,000 credits.

How about you add a tooltip or disclaimer something along these lines: "If you are new to the game, and you see that every character on every shard you have ever created has access to a bank vault of 64 slots... and if you've bought ascended essentials and every character on every shard has a second bank vault of 64 slots... Please don't assume there will be 64 slots in the Shard vault. We purposely don't disclose how many will be there, so good luck and SURPRISE! (PS: Thanks for the $20)."

Would it kill you to add "Would you like to purchase a 32 slot shard vault for..."?

I am quite disappointed.
    As was I, when I bought it. Seems they were very selfish with the vault without curbing the cost.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Telaran

I got fooled too but the Shard Vault is so useful that I find it invaluable even at 32 slots.

Before the shard vault I was always mailing stuff back and forth among my 6 characters. Now I can just place items in the shard vault to transfer.

I find 32 slots is adequate as my main character will usually fill the vault once per day and then empty it during my daily login to each character.

Perhaps the shard vault will eventually be increased to 64 slots like the other vaults.

+ Reply to Thread