+ Reply to Thread

Thread: one AH for all shards

Soulwalker

Default one AH for all shards

Hi all, I have a difficulty when buying artifacts. I have to transfer by shards every 7 days to check if I have the artifacts I need at the auction. Is it possible to create a General auction or at least partially for the artifacts of the mounts and for Peta and other collectible items

I'm sure it will be possible..

Do we want it.. probably not

Imagine all AH auctions of all shards in one auction house...
    Not to mention it would kill some part of the market game, but it might result in situations as we have seen in the past with autumn harvest artifacts...

For those who don't remember... The overflow of artifacts/amount of auctions slowing down or crashing the page load in auction house, simply because there were too many auctions listed (which is why there was a max amount of auction listings per char implemented)

Other than that.. it is easy to go past the transfer for market dealings.. either work with somebody else, ask somebody to check the ah on another shard for you or use a 2nd (f2p) account.

Rift Chaser

I have to imagine there would be an associated performance hit as far as listings and searching.

As it's not a big deal I'd rather see some real content or balance changes happen before tackling something like an AH restructure.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MussMuss View Post
    Hi all, I have a difficulty when buying artifacts. I have to transfer by shards every 7 days to check if I have the artifacts I need at the auction. Is it possible to create a General auction or at least partially for the artifacts of the mounts and for Peta and other collectible items
    Just make a lowbie toon on every server and park them at their home city's auction house. That way you can check without having to transfer.

For bonus points, make a 2nd F2P account on your main play server to transfer money and items to your lowbie AH checkers.

It's what I do and it works well.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Just make a lowbie toon on every server and park them at their home city's auction house. That way you can check without having to transfer.

For bonus points, make a 2nd F2P account on your main play server to transfer money and items to your lowbie AH checkers.

It's what I do and it works well.
    I did for a wardrobe and minions, but missing artifacts need to watch the character itself. I'm not looking for one or two artifact here we are talking about a few dozen

Plane Walker

compression of similarly priced "stackable" items for the auction house would be nice. to keep all the auction house clutter to a minimum.

remove seller names from the auction house. the names on the items being sold can distract buyers/sellers sometimes too.

i'd like a cross server auction house. would be nice. if the game isn't completely player-less
    by then.

I've suggested several times before, to split the auction house

make a separate one for dimension items, artifacts and perhaps *fluff*

and the other auction house for anything gear, crafting and gameplay/stats influencing stuff

If the Xshard option is possible, then the option could be to make the artifacts/dim items AH Xshard.
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-16-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Default From a marketing perspective.....

On every shard, there are folks that provide dimension items that are generally locked behind artifact sets, achievements, the use high-level alternate currency, or are solely available for credits. This allows causal or low level players some really fun items. The seller rightly provides this service for a price, sometimes a steep one. If Iím going to use credits to buy and list an item, Iím going to ask for plat commensurate with credit value.

If the AH is merged across shards, this market would die from too much competition driving down prices. With REX prices so high, it would be almost impossible to implement a creditsó>plató>credits cycle. Therefore, it would not be worth it to me to provide these exclusive items.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (43), Prasutagus (22)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

+ Reply to Thread