+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Clowd
  • 1 Post By Madarablackgetsuga

Thread: Remove the cap on Captured Intel

Default Remove the cap on Captured Intel

In my opinion, if Captured Intel purchased for credits does not count towards the cap, AND Captured Intel allows you to obtain Tier 2 raid jewelry, THEN I personally believe that the weekly Captured Intel cap should be removed.

This will make the playing field more fair for the free to play crowd, who are capped to 47,000 captured intel per week at the moment, compared to 182,000 per week for those who pay (without taking into account the $250 and $100 seasonal packs).

This way, players who buy caches won't get too significant of an advantage compared to players that do not, which can only be good for all.
    Last edited by Clowd; 12-09-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

That said, is it also possible to give us the ability to convert Ethereal Shards into Captured Intel as well? It will allow us raiders to catch up, allow us to catch alts up, and also give new players and raiders to catch up as well. Thanks!
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Plane Walker

And expand cap or remove cap on planarite (not to mention crafting marks). It's just silly.

We used to be able to buy crates of planarite to transfer between toons too (i.e. one box of 500 planarite cost 500 planarite). Would be nice to have that sort of thing back.

And instead of void stones, can we just merge void stones and celestial remnants?

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    In my opinion, if Captured Intel purchased for credits does not count towards the cap, AND Captured Intel allows you to obtain Tier 2 raid jewelry, THEN I personally believe that the weekly Captured Intel cap should be removed.

This will make the playing field more fair for the free to play crowd, who are capped to 47,000 captured intel per week at the moment, compared to 182,000 per week for those who pay (without taking into account the $250 and $100 seasonal packs).

This way, players who buy caches won't get too significant of an advantage compared to players that do not, which can only be good for all.
    Don't get me wrong I agree with most of this. But if someone pays hundreds of dollars to get this Intel what exact advantage do they get over everyone else?

They could get bis t2 rings and a neck, with extreme luck or they'd be paying more. I haven't paid anything yet and I only need one ring and earring. It speeds it up alot to pay, but the price is pretty ridiculous so that they can raid log, not like they are getting some huge boost in PvP or really even in raiding. We were progressing in the raid before these came out.

The bigger issue imo is the data currency you can get in lock boxes. This you can certainly pay to complete the entire t2 armor store set. Again, not really disagreeing about the topic, just think the p2w issue is in a different area. I would still like to see a larger or removed cap on intel.

+ Reply to Thread