+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mystifal

Thread: New spawn method for world events bosses

Rift Disciple

Default New spawn method for world events bosses

Hi all, i've got an idea this morn that i wanted to share with the devs and the community

prefaction - Raise your hand if you've ever experienced the world event boss vanishing just a couple of steps away from you and you loose the kill...

imho the random spawn position is not fair at all, you could be there or miles away, and you will never get there in time

add the fact that not mentored people could almost one-shot the boss would not help...

the patch added "some time invulnerabilty" is not working great...

so my suggestion is: not spawning the boss itself in a random position, but when an event is almost completed, when the boss moment has come, just SPAWN A RIFT, in a known rift location, so that nothing can go wrong, and let people deal with the final fight!!!

the rift should be of the boss' type (eg: life boss - life rift), and have the usual 6 stages.

the good idea is - like in NMR, as soon as people enter the rift they are AUTOMATICALLY MENTORED to the boss level, and the mobs gain power the more people join the final fight, and the boss finally spawns at the LAST phase.

doing this way the boss cannot be rushed, giving people time to reach the boss, and giving MUCH more fun and lore other than a quick, sad, nuke.

i know that rift is suffering much bigger problems atm, but really hoping this idea could be appreciated

cheers all !!!

Isp
    Champion

So you want to make ZE bosses grind harder?
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Rift Disciple

not harder, why ? isn't harder if someone repeatedly steals the kill upon your nose? just more equal! and fun. eventually they could reduce slightly some requirements for ending the event, like the number of rift or invasions

Champion

I have a better idea. Just make the boss "hitable" from anywhere int he zone. Would require some extra coding to allow players to target and hit - and then the boss could hit them back, but not just hit anybody random who happens to wander into the zone. There, problem solved. I'd be a lot more willing to go do objectives if I was certain that I wouldn't miss out on the boss tag.

Telaran

I like a zone boss coming from out of a RIft, it makes sense with the whole invasion thing. Auto-mentoring is good too. Bonus points if the rift pops before the zone boss comes out so you know where to go (unless you said that already)

So many times in zone events the boss is wiped before I have a chance to get there. I hope this changes like have an auto transport to that area as in instant adventures. Everybody should have a chance to hit the boss that participates in a zone event. Wipe an invasion or a rift for the zone event and blamo, you're good to go as soon as the boss spawns with "Transport to Boss Area" click and go.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasyn View Post
    So many times in zone events the boss is wiped before I have a chance to get there. I hope this changes like have an auto transport to that area as in instant adventures. Everybody should have a chance to hit the boss that participates in a zone event. Wipe an invasion or a rift for the zone event and blamo, you're good to go as soon as the boss spawns with "Transport to Boss Area" click and go.
    Thats a great idea, the only problem for me is I would likely freeze as soon as I ported there depending on the amount of players. I know alot of others have this issue as well in VP.
    nerf MrWidoes

+ Reply to Thread