+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Seshatar
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: A free level 65 boost for everyone

Default A free level 65 boost for everyone

HeyGuys,

I saw that another F2P MMORPG currently offers a free level boost and I think that would be a great idea for RIFT too. While some people enjoy leveling up slowly and take the time to learn about their characters, many people seek a game to have fun and play with others. If I would be a new player, I might quit the game before hitting endgame for various reasons:
    • The tutorial and old zones look pretty outdated compared to the new content. They don't represent very well how RIFT looks nowadays.
    • Due to instant adventures and level pots, the old world is super empty and leaves the impression that there are no players in the game.
    • The queues for low level dungeons and warfronts do barely pop anymore, leaving only classic questing and grinding instant adventures as leveling options.

While all of these problems could and should be resolved by improvements (new tutotial, proper mentoring and good rewards for doing old dungeons mentored, etc.), a free level 65 boost would be a fast and easy to implement solution to draw new players and returners in game and keep them here.

The level 65 boost should instantly port you to Allitu, so you can start your journey through the Celestial Lands.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | Heroes of Telara Discord | Extra Life 2017

>>> MONTHLY RIFT GIVEAWAYS <<<

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I will say as a returning player who wants to re learn Rift, I have started a new character and it is very hard. Primalist have very little choice in rewards from quest and such as most are not earmarked for Primalist. There are no dungeons or really groups for events at low levels, excluding the event going on right now, I rarely see anyone.
    Have you ever wanted to?

While i support giving away another free character level boost, i believe if there were more viable ways of leveling up to 70, there would be more players at the level cap. Unfortauntely if new players do get to level 70, there is an unreasonable amount of grinding required that should be reduced to help out new and returning players.

MMORPG.com got level 40 boosts, those would be great again not 100% sure Level 65 would help new players. I suggested Primalist start at level 40 when testing that. Those things aside leveling in Rift is very boring/confusing unless others are leveling also hence why I am curious about challenge servers because I just don't see leveling again in old zones as being exciting beyond the first month or two especially after playing Everquest Locked progression servers, ArcheAge fresh start and Secret World Legends.

Another possibility is boosting XP to the puzzles in the original zones so players get to 50 fast, perhaps making saga's and chronicles level 50-65 have extra XP so players still experience all content but at an accelerated speed so it's fun? All content on LFR Level 65+ with extra XP.

The puzzles and cairns in this game are what made it great fun to level and I wonder if new players even really know they are there. However these suggestions might be moot with challenge servers lingering in the air and no details yet.

Edit: Love your signature Kulta.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-06-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    HeyGuys,

I saw that another F2P MMORPG currently offers a free level boost and I think that would be a great idea for RIFT too. While some people enjoy leveling up slowly and take the time to learn about their characters, many people seek a game to have fun and play with others. If I would be a new player, I might quit the game before hitting endgame for various reasons:
    • Due to instant adventures and level pots, the old world is super empty and leaves the impression that there are no players in the game.
    • The queues for low level dungeons and warfronts do barely pop anymore, leaving only classic questing and grinding instant adventures as leveling options.

While all of these problems could and should be resolved by improvements (new tutotial, proper mentoring and good rewards for doing old dungeons mentored, etc.),
    You give the correct answer yourself.

The reason why low level content is no more populated is mostly because the game itself push new players to level with IAs.
    There are new players everyday, but they need a warning when IAs are showed to them, warn them that this way of leveling will skip half the game. Or put some limit for IA grind for first toons. I see tons of new players who level in IAs without knowing, and when they want to go questing they are lost. Best would be not give acces to IAs under medium level, 20 or 30.

Reduce IAs xp, and augment XP and plat gained by warfronts, dungeons, open world quests. IAs should be less rewarding content so players feel they can do other things to level.
    And give back crafting XP. And more weekly quests including these things and giving good xp and plat.

Weekly quests in old zones, mentored dungeons of the week (One week NT, one week SL, one week Mathosia, with captured intel reward) could be an easy way to make 70 players go back in the world instead of camping VP crossroads.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    a free level 65 boost would be a fast and easy to implement solution to draw new players and returners in game and keep them here.
    The level 65 boost should instantly port you to Allitu, so you can start your journey through the Celestial Lands.
    If all you want is skip content and be max level, what you need is a level 70 boost.
    Leveling 65-70 is slow, low level leveling is easy and quick.
    So people who want to experiment the game and play the story through quests don't need a 65 boost, and those who only want to be insta max level to do instanced content and nothing else would be better with a 70 boost.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 11-08-2017 at 01:46 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

Another possibility is boosting XP to the puzzles in the original zones so players get to 50 fast, perhaps making saga's and chronicles level 50-65 have extra XP so players still experience all content but at an accelerated speed so it's fun? All content on LFR Level 65+ with extra XP.

The puzzles and cairns in this game are what made it great fun to level and I wonder if new players even really know they are there. .
    I agree with you.
    The IA rush makes many high level players who never visited the world, don't know where porticulums and cities are and know nothing of lore and many hidden things this game offers.

This could be done with a tutorial NPC in the first zone (silverwood/freemarch) helping the new players to find the first puzzle, and telling them there is one in each zone.
    Same could be done for artifacts, showing the various types and some nice rewards you can get.
    Explain achievements, too.
    I think it should be something like the very good tutorial we have for dimensions.

And boosting XP in all content under 65 while nerfing low level IA xp should help. No access to IAs for toons under level 20, so they can progress through the first zone and see all type of content. When you have a max level toon, you are allowed to do IAs from level 1 with your alts, so this helps newbies and is not bad for alts.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 11-08-2017 at 02:07 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

+ Reply to Thread