+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 10 Post By Clowd
  • 2 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 1 Post By Seshatar

Thread: Add Captured Intel drops to Celestial Lands content

Default Add Captured Intel drops to Celestial Lands content

Captured Intel is a good way to get some gear to catch up, and is necessary to upgrade T2 raid gear, and T2 planar crafted gear. However, Captured Intel (CI from hereon out) is really only available in select Vostigar Peak's tasks.

In an effort to increase the amount of players participating in all content levels of PoA, I suggest that CI should be added to the following content:
    • Celestial IAs
    • "Chronicle" end of zone instant daily quests
    • Crafting Rifts
    • Alittu Daily quests
    • Alittu Weekly quests
    • LFR-TD (up until you require IRCs for loot)
    • QF (up until you require IRCs for loot)
    • Warfront victory (smaller amount on defeat)
    • PoA-Expert dungeon clears (daily reward via LFG tool)

I believe this will entice the higher level players to mix in with lower level players more often, and give lower level players more options for content to play to get CI. CI rewards from VP could be tweaked to make VP tasks more optimal, and keep it so that CI only drops from VP zone events.

Thoughts?
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Soulwalker

This is an awesome suggestion. The only thing missing is an in-universe explanation for why Captured Intel, which presumably relates to Crucia and Ahnket given its only appearing in Vostigar so far, would be coming from other parts of the Celestial Lands. Perhaps a different currency could come from the places you listed that could be exchanged with someone in Allitu or Utilla (say, a Storm Legion deserter or a malfunctioned simulacrum) for Captured Intel. If Trion doesn't want to go to the trouble of making a whole new currency they could always use Tower Fragments or Celestial Remnants, since those aren't very useful right now. Honestly, I think if the things you listed in this post were combined with improvements to the planarite grind, all the people that quit when 4.3 was released would likely return.
    Last edited by SlvrdllrGB; 10-27-2017 at 12:34 PM.

On this topic, I'd like to submit feedback that 40k intel for an upgrade part is just too much.

I play a LOT, and 40k to me moves it way out of "I'm going to work towards this goal" territory in to "I'm never going to get this so I'm not even going to bother to look at it." I'm not top 1%, but maybe top 5%, and I wonder if it's intended for the bar for this item to be so high.

We'll see how long I continue doing the existing intel dailies & weeklies. Once I stop, the 40k is basically never going to happen. If I keep doing them, well I'll check to see how many I have in January.

Adding intel to other sources would help move the carrot into reality.

How much drops in the new raid?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    How much drops in the new raid?
    500 from the first two bosses and 750 from the third. In other words, not even close to enough to make a dent in the upgrade costs.

Soulwalker

It could be intesting to add CI on VP event objective (let's say 10~15 CI for each objective (inlcuding boss), and 60~70 CI for the event itself). It may partialy solve the no-reward problem (wich still happend sometimes), encourage player to do someting else/more than just the boss, without changing the amount of CI earnt in each event.

+1 we need more non-grindy ways to earn intel by active and fun gameplay!
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | Heroes of Telara Discord | Extra Life 2017

>>> MONTHLY RIFT GIVEAWAYS <<<

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    On this topic, I'd like to submit feedback that 40k intel for an upgrade part is just too much.

I play a LOT, and 40k to me moves it way out of "I'm going to work towards this goal" territory in to "I'm never going to get this so I'm not even going to bother to look at it." I'm not top 1%, but maybe top 5%, and I wonder if it's intended for the bar for this item to be so high.

We'll see how long I continue doing the existing intel dailies & weeklies. Once I stop, the 40k is basically never going to happen. If I keep doing them, well I'll check to see how many I have in January.

Adding intel to other sources would help move the carrot into reality.
    Much like you I felt this at the beginning as well. However just by doing ZEs and the rares I'm saving close to 1k a day, the days I play, and this is before any bonus applied in the rift loot bag. The dailies on top of this and any RRs makes it doable but only because we can hoard it in our bag and pop a vial, if they Nerf that I would agree it's extreme but as of right now I'm making very steady progress, already have the helm fully upgraded and about 15k Intel away from range final stage. The vials are usually on the AH for 400-500p, and with the rare farming I make that easily in 2-3 days.

Not saying I don't mind things to be less grindy but it's nice to have options in the new zone still.

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    In an effort to increase the amount of players participating in all content levels of PoA, I suggest that CI should be added to the following content:
    • Celestial IAs
    • "Chronicle" end of zone instant daily quests
    • Crafting Rifts
    • Alittu Daily quests
    • Alittu Weekly quests
    • LFR-TD (up until you require IRCs for loot)
    • QF (up until you require IRCs for loot)
    • Warfront victory (smaller amount on defeat)
    • PoA-Expert dungeon clears (daily reward via LFG tool)

I believe this will entice the higher level players to mix in with lower level players more often, and give lower level players more options for content to play to get CI. CI rewards from VP could be tweaked to make VP tasks more optimal, and keep it so that CI only drops from VP zone events.

Thoughts?
    Why give it for everything and not all celestial ZE?
    ZE are core open world content, all celestial zone events should be rewarding, not only standing at VP crossroads. So more players do them.
    Your idea is amazing, having choice to do the content you like most to progress would be amazing.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Shadowlander

[QUOTE=forbiddenlake;5327929] On this topic, I'd like to submit feedback that 40k intel for an upgrade part is just too much.

40k is insane. It is such a ridiculously huge jump from the lower one and basically adds the same amount of stats. The Stellar Trigger really needs to be lowered to a cost that is more realistic and in line.

(quote fail lol)
    Last edited by Daementia; 11-11-2017 at 07:07 AM.
    Dims on Greybriar: Phoenix Ascending's guild dim (Tuldio Sun Orb), listed under my Main (Xaii) Asian Tea House, Riftwarts, Halloween Home. newly opened Sky Haven. My alt Daementia: Xaii's Castle Dim (castle is on top of a glacier)

+ Reply to Thread