+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grind

Soulwalker

Default Grind

So, a lot of people have been getting angry recently about the massive grinds necessary to upgrade crafted gear and t2 raid gear with the release of 4.3. I have a few suggestions to make the two worst grinds (planarite and captured intel) more bearable.

To help the planarite grind, a couple things could be done. First, you could give level 70 characters an automatic planarite boost to make things go quicker. Second, introducing level 70 NMRs, possibly called Simulacrum Rifts to fit in with the theme of the expansion, that give more planarite than previous methods, could give people other things to do while grinding (going for achieves.)

To help along the captured intel grind, I would recommend adding a vendor that can convert the new raid currency to intel and vice-versa, at a rate of something like 1 raid currency to 5 intel. Obviously this rate could be adjusted, but the general point is the same. You could also increase the intel rewarded from the raid and other locations, especially the weekly quests.

Finally, for newer players, the Eternal Weapon grind will be almost as bad. In conjunction with fewer people running Prophecy of Ahnket Expert Dungeons, which could be solved by making dungeons a viable source of platinum, 4 months worth of raiding to get to the current final stage is simply not feasible for newer players to do without falling massively behind. I would suggest lowering this requirement to something like 3 High Priest Arakhurns and 3 Normal Mode Malannons. This would also give more players an incentive to run Tartaric Depths normal mode aside from rare items like the cape, especially now that there is a 300 hit neck available from Autumn Harvest.

I hope you take these suggestions into consideration. Taken in conjunction with balancing classes, I strongly believe that this will help attract more players to the game and stop players from leaving.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrdllrGB View Post
    Finally, for newer players, the Eternal Weapon grind will be almost as bad. In conjunction with fewer people running Prophecy of Ahnket Expert Dungeons, which could be solved by making dungeons a viable source of platinum, 4 months worth of raiding to get to the current final stage is simply not feasible for newer players to do without falling massively behind. I would suggest lowering this requirement to something like 3 High Priest Arakhurns and 3 Normal Mode Malannons. This would also give more players an incentive to run Tartaric Depths normal mode aside from rare items like the cape, especially now that there is a 300 hit neck available from Autumn Harvest.
    It would be better if weapons and ranged slot items were obtainable from the rift store that we're just slightly below the expected eternal level that could be purchased with raid currency like previous versions.

You miss out on the buffs, but it's likely others in your raid can provide it while you catch up.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    It would be better if weapons and ranged slot items were obtainable from the rift store that we're just slightly below the expected eternal level that could be purchased with raid currency like previous versions.

You miss out on the buffs, but it's likely others in your raid can provide it while you catch up.
    That's another good idea.

People could get a lot of planarite if they participated in the VP events, instead of standing or dancing at the crossroads.(and it would make the events move faster as well). With patron bonus, I get around 1500 per idol, and I usually try to do 3 per event..

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    People could get a lot of planarite if they participated in the VP events, instead of standing or dancing at the crossroads.(and it would make the events move faster as well). With patron bonus, I get around 1500 per idol, and I usually try to do 3 per event..
    So you need to do "only" 1000 idols to get enough planarite. I could roughly estimate that 0% of players standing on crossroads will be doing it for such reward.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post

Or...here's an idea: they could do what they used to do for raids and put worthwhile weapons as part of the loot table. Not ones that are so far behind in stats that they are worthless, but like the above said - just below or at the first eternal level (or whatever the eternal level for that raid is based around).

I must say I'm sick of the way they've done their loot so far, and in addition not being able to use a one-hander/off-hand has been sad. We used to have options for how we geared, now we have none.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sokk View Post
    Or...here's an idea: they could do what they used to do for raids and put worthwhile weapons as part of the loot table. Not ones that are so far behind in stats that they are worthless, but like the above said - just below or at the first eternal level (or whatever the eternal level for that raid is based around).

I must say I'm sick of the way they've done their loot so far, and in addition not being able to use a one-hander/off-hand has been sad. We used to have options for how we geared, now we have none.
    I considered that as well, but most of the raids actually trying T2 content currently have people with their eternal weapons. Most would scream foul if useless weapons dropped in lieu of useful gear and said raid has to wait another week for a shot at useful drops.

So let the player spend raid marks in the rift store to catch up. If your raid is clearing T1 and bringing a new player along, it's likely most drops are defaulting to said player and in a few weeks they'll be swimming in raid currency to spend on a non eternal weapon to use until they catch up on their grind.
    Last edited by Skiye; 10-28-2017 at 06:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread