+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AshenFell Level Gap Suggestion

Default AshenFell Level Gap Suggestion

Hi,
    Problem
    First time leveling a character to this point and I now find myself at level 67 with no quests to do and over a level of a difference between able to progress into the next area.

I have finished all quests including carnage quests and have been doing the daily quests of the the finished areas. I then tried to do some Instant Adventures but the xp bar barely goes up per adventure finished.

I've asked in chat and been told by players & GM's to just buy experience vials and do instant adventures.

I have no problem supporting the game but it just feels really discouraging that if I want to progress I have to do instant adventures that are really slow and if I want it to be faster I have to pay. I enjoy doing quests. I like exploring the zones and following the quest stories.

Possible Solution

1): Adding more quests to the Celestial Lands - Straightforward enough. There are several areas in Xarth Mire, Scatherran Forest & Gedlo Badlands in which you only go to do carnage quests. More NPC quests could be added to these areas.

2): Adjust the Mentoring Level XP - I have been told that mentoring into lower levels (especially in the base game zones) aren't worth it. They could be increased to make it seem more like your actual zone leveling.

Rift Disciple

They super want you to do dailies to level up. The ones in Scatheran Forest (sp) are pretty easy. Both in the desert spot (forget the name already lmao) are simple.

So as I recall, doing everything in Scatherin forrest will take you from 65 to almost 67. Then from there you move over to Gedhlo and can go from almost 67 to very close to 68. After that you can start Ashenfeld and go from 68 to 70. This means doing every single quest and you'll know you have completed that when you get the zone achievement for completing certain number of quest in each zone. You also need to make sure you do all side quest in each zone as well as all carngages in each zone, again you'll get an achievement for doing so. Patron does help as you get additional xp for being one.

Shadowlander

EXP for anything except CL Quest related was heavy nerfed when this Expac launched. Even with Parton, a LvL 30 guild and consumables the 65-70 push is pretty slow and discouraging. In previous expansion I leveled 4-5 Characters but in this one that wont happen.

Daily quests all around CL do help get you past the push to get into VP more than IA,dungeons and crafting combined " ALL HEAVILY NERFED...THANKS TRION", from there Carnage and Story line quests are what your aiming for but it's fairly hard so you will want a Hybrid soul combo that provides you with some healing and good burst damage if you dont want constant down time to self heal.

A faster way is with the use of Pots and getting someone to spam Gyels and kill adds up to the first boss over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyng View Post
    So as I recall, doing everything in Scatherin forrest will take you from 65 to almost 67. Then from there you move over to Gedhlo and can go from almost 67 to very close to 68. After that you can start Ashenfeld and go from 68 to 70. This means doing every single quest and you'll know you have completed that when you get the zone achievement for completing certain number of quest in each zone. You also need to make sure you do all side quest in each zone as well as all carngages in each zone, again you'll get an achievement for doing so. Patron does help as you get additional xp for being one.
    I think they must have changed it. I've done everything and I'm only 67

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/Ll0pW

Quote Originally Posted by LucKeyHoleInOne View Post
    They super want you to do dailies to level up. The ones in Scatheran Forest (sp) are pretty easy. Both in the desert spot (forget the name already lmao) are simple.
    Yeah I've been doing them but between the 3 zones, You don't really get 1/20th of your bar full

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchy View Post

Possible. I am patron.
    I am leveling a second character.
    My first one was 70 before the suppression of crafting XP, and I did all quests in celestial zones WHILE doing crafting dailies everyday (and this toon has 7 crafts). Some zone dailies, but not everyday.
    Was on a mage so I tried to avoid mobs not needed for quests because they were hard to kill.
    I hit 70 before finishing Ashenfell. No problem.

My second toon (a warrior) was 2 bars from 66 when I began Celestial quests in the forest 3 days ago. I did all carnage I found, some side quests and the story quest there, killing everything on my way because the xp kill bonus was up and this got her to 67. Had a full level to do and I hate Gedlo zone questing, so I went to Xarth mire.
    Now I just hit 68 and I am at the end of the Xarth story. I think I will finish the zone at 68 1/4. Not sure I can go to ashenfell before 69.

So yes, if you are not patron, without the crafting XP (I think I made almost one level with dailies with my first toon), leveling needs you to do the whole celestial, all dailies you can, and maybe some quests in VP. I saw many 69 toons there, but good luck for this, not all classes are able to do this zone before 70.

IAs are not useful for XP after 65. New Gedlo IAs are massive time sinks and reward very little xp. Questing and carnage with patron or/and XP potions is the better way.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchy View Post

You didn't complete the storylines for Scatherran Forest and Xarth Mire. That opens up more daily quests.

What I tried to do was zone events every day to also get the daily rift quests done at the during the zone event with some help. There are also some weekly quests.

They used to have a daily Celestial Adventure quest that was good experience but they got rid of it for some reason.

If you do the Gedlo IA's, you can complete the daily rift quest and a lot of the carnage at the same time.

@Zornar

He did do the full quests for ScaF, Gedlo and Xarth according to his achieve link. He just did not get all the zone achieves (yet)

As for the level 67 status, levelling to 70 is intended to include the mini chron dailies to build up your notoriety level, doing more than just the questing in the zones ( events, the invasions dailies, killing occasional stuff, some farming...)

If you did things while sidekicked or in a group, that may have lowered the XP gained from kills as well.

I suggest doing the dailies in Gedlo and ScaF, doing the mini-chrons

Each gives some 3m Xp average.. so Gedlo invasions, chron and the jump/simulacri quests and ScaF the invasions, chron and moths/barrels.. that's 6 quests for some 3m XP each... 18m daily. Do those for a week and you will have roughly 120m XP

Making 70 in 3 weeks is not necessarily the intention of the game... Given the line of level cap changes, you will have at least another year to make it to 70. If you want to do the endgame content at 70, dungeons, instances and get bis gear, then you will have to grind a bit more than casual play and levelling at a slow(er) pace.

*This is not intended as insult, insinuating that you didn't work for it.
    You did far more storylines/quests/carnages than I have done on my alts, that are higher level than you, but that's the difference in play style.

And just fyi : Level Xp required per level

65 - 66 app 105m
    66 - 67 app 127m
    67 - 68 app 165m
    68 - 69 app 231m
    69 - 70 app 346m

There is a list of quests for most (VP is probably not added yet) zones on https://rift.magelo.com/en/
    Last edited by Aranka; 10-22-2017 at 06:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread