+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage (Legendary conflux) suggestion with explaination.

Soulwalker

Default Mage (Legendary conflux) suggestion with explaination.

So... i just came back after a 4 year hiatus. The games not even remotely the same for me. Ive spent my time trying mage, prima, rouge etc etc

At current state, mage is either pyro, or harb - nothing else works without sacrificing movement which with current content is a no go.

Primalist is op for ranged specs because you have a 30 sec duration skill with 30 second cooldown so its permanant, you just have to manage it or have it in a macro.

I started the game as a mage because i LOVE warlock type specs, so i went warlock, tried all the hype builds but they ALL fall behind pyro or harb and i dont want to be forced into those 2 roles for dps.

Legendary Conflux should function the same as Legendary Primal Avatar:Wind as in it lasts 30 seconds, and has a 30 second cooldown, it just needs to be managed in a macro or by ones self. - ALL of warlocks dps revolves around this skill being up, SAME as primalist Wind avatar with ranged spec. So why does this skill have a 45 second cooldown rather than a 30? primalist can pull 700-900k dps EFFORTLESSLY with less gear than my mage has and im only pulling 500, 600 if im lucky and PERFECTLY get rotations every single time.

Personally, on top of that i think Mana Wrench should be able to move while casting, kinda like Patrons Rage on archon, or maybe change one of the 60-65 skills that where using one of them allows mana wrench to move while casting? Anything to help this spec be on par with everything else... its literally the only reason im playing this game because i enjoy how fun DoT specs are. But i cant compete with others due to its shortcomings.

Please take these suggestions into consideration, they would be an easy implement, and wouldnt overpower the class, probably not even get it on par but give it a chance to be funtional with the current ground cover spam boss content...

Soulwalker

Anyone at trio read this yet? I've been discussing this with other people, and other mage players. Everyone seems to think this will help mages have another viable spec that isnt as difficult to manage and help bump them from the worst dps position in the game. Currently i cant even bring myself to worry about my mage as the dps is so lacking i dont wanna play it.

Edit: I want to add that it is currently possible to keep the triple ticking damage up 100% of the time, but it requires a lot of micro managing and perfect timing in which a lot of people cant do in the heat of these fights. So this change WILL NOT make anything op. it will simply make another spec viable for all players to be able to use.
    Last edited by Decripify; 10-14-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Some stuff i would personally like to see

Warlock:
    -Legendary conflux changed to 30 second cooldown

Dominator:
    -Legendary Pain armor reduce damage you take by 15% for 10 seconds when you are critically hit. (Can only occur once every 30 seconds)
    -Mana wrench castable while moving
    -Legendary Reflective Command applies a shield that covers 30% of the target's maximum health

Pyromancer:
    -Non-Legendary Flame Volley damage should be increased by 65%

Arbiter:
    -Legendary Misdirection increases healing of Soothing waters by 100% while active.

Stormcaller:
    -Legendary Lightning Arc no longer consumes stacks of electrified
    -Legendary Raging Storm applies a debuff that increases damage the target takes by 10% for 30 seconds.
    -Legendary Ride the wind reduces the global cooldown of non-damaging abilities by 0.5 seconds while effected by ride the winds speed buff.

Harbringer:
    -Storm's fury increases the damage of your next slashing attack by 6%

Shadowlander

I personally like that conflux has a 45sec CD and 30sec uptime, that means you have to keep an eye on it so you can get triple dots all the time (its possible, your dots last 15 sec).
    Changing it to 1min CD/1min uptime or such would make warlock a lot easier and more boring.
    The one thing i like about warlock is, that it is not as easy as harb/pyromancer.

I dont know what i should say about Mana wrench because i really dislike it (its basically a bug use) plus i dont like to stand around all the time only channeling..

And by the way, warlock, if right played, is not behind pyromancer or harbinger (i dont know about last weapon upgrade), When you look at dummy dps, you may not forget that deaths door does about 100k dps (or more?) in a real Boss fight and 0 dps on the dummy

What IS true about what you said is the comparison between mage and primalist, but thats a different story. The balancing at the moment is really out of hand and we are comparing one of the weakest classes with the strongest ST class.

Trion, please do not change L. conflux in such a brainless ability, i like to have a rotation, i dont want to put everything in 1 macro and be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kugelschreiber View Post
    I dont know what i should say about Mana wrench because i really dislike it (its basically a bug use) plus i dont like to stand around all the time only channeling..

And by the way, warlock, if right played, is not behind pyromancer or harbinger (i dont know about last weapon upgrade), When you look at dummy dps, you may not forget that deaths door does about 100k dps (or more?) in a real Boss fight and 0 dps on the dummy.
    I find it hard to believe warlock will beat pyro with tier 6 eternal weapon due to the buff on pts increasing the damage of elemental forces which is a major part of the pyro spec mages tend to use. The other thing is that Pyromancer gains Inferno when enemies are sub 40% which is 0 gcd and can be used every 10 seconds. With good rng, the pyromancer can proc cinder burst every 6 seconds which in turn outdpses the warlock very quickly.

Now, mana wrench being buffed by warlocks passive 50% DoT damage buff from Legendary Void barrage is not a bug by any means. If it was unintended then void barrage which is a channel just like mana wrench should not be buffed by it either. Both Void barrage and mana wrench are channeled damage over time abilities which makes complete sense in my opinion.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Redawn View Post
    I find it hard to believe warlock will beat pyro with tier 6 eternal weapon due to the buff on pts increasing the damage of elemental forces which is a major part of the pyro spec mages tend to use. The other thing is that Pyromancer gains Inferno when enemies are sub 40% which is 0 gcd and can be used every 10 seconds. With good rng, the pyromancer can proc cinder burst every 6 seconds which in turn outdpses the warlock very quickly.
    From my own experience on the PTS, Warlock beats Pyro with a eternal 6 weapon. But because Legendary Neddra's Grasp works unreliable and Warlock/Dominator is not very mobile, Pyro is mostly the better choice.

I personally like the gameplay of the Warlock, it has an interesting rotation. After the last few years we had to play mostly Harb or Pyro so Warlock is a welcome change. I hope Keyens changes the way Legendary Neddra's Grasp works.

Warlock is more difficult to play compared to the Pyro or Harb and deserves to be rewarded with the best DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Redawn View Post
    Now, mana wrench being buffed by warlocks passive 50% DoT damage buff from Legendary Void barrage is not a bug by any means. If it was unintended then void barrage which is a channel just like mana wrench should not be buffed by it either. Both Void barrage and mana wrench are channeled damage over time abilities which makes complete sense in my opinion.
    Mana wrench ticks three times as fast with Legendary Conflux and this is clearly a bug. Keyens himself was amazed about it, but because he did not fix it, it is probably accepted what is also good in my eyes because it makes an otherwise unused soul usable.

It would be great if we could use Mana Wrench while moving but at the same time he would have to buff the Warlock/Necro as a viable alternative.

Ah, I understand where you are coming from and think the mana wrench ability ticking three times faster is up to keyens decision whether he wants that interaction to exist or not. I personally have enjoyed playing the Mana wrench warlock spec because it plays a little differently from the way warlock was played in Nightmare Tide.

+ Reply to Thread