+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary Abilities

Soulwalker

Default Legendary Abilities

I think it would be really nice if there were more legendary abilities. Currently you can take 3 legendary abilities, with only 4 to choose from for each class.
    And I'm a little confused why there's the need for legendary abilities like these: "effective for all non-[insert the class the ability is from] abilities"
    It doesn't make sense to me why some classes are discouraged from using their own abilities. I don't think it would hurt if these limitations were removed.

I think these changes would promote more diversity in skill builds, which is what Rift is known for.
    Last edited by Exmii; 09-19-2017 at 10:54 AM.

I think it would be really nice if there were more legendary abilities. Currently you can take 3 legendary abilities, with only 4 to choose from for each class.
    There are 5 to choose from per soul but only a maximum of 3 per soul allowed so 2 will be spent into offsouls (as you get 5 total legendary points from 66-70)

I personally think more legendaries are a bad idea, more legendaries means more imbalance and gives the class dev (as there is only one) more work on an already immense workload, as he has 5 classes to balance already.

So, 5 classes, around 55 souls each having 5 legendaries means 275 legendary abilities to fine tune and balance, I dont think we need more

And I'm a little confused why there's the need for legendary abilities like these: "effective for all non-[insert the class the ability is from] abilities
    "

These are just for off-soul purposes, though I do agree they wont make the souls that have them overpowered (because ranger is weak and Assassin wont use L Virulent Poison anyway)
    Last edited by Maltie; 09-19-2017 at 11:17 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Plane Walker

The current rift dev team seems to be using Legendary abilities to force more 61 point builds. I doubt they'd consider adding more anytime soon.

Soulwalker

I too feel like the current Legendaries are a little... dull?

It's a bit like how Masteries were, at first. "Ooh, I get to pick one of four new talents each level? So fun and flexible for different builds!" but then you quickly realize. "Wait, half of these don't even do anything for the skills I use in this role, and of the two remaining, one is obviously better than the other, so I'm basically just always picking that one for this role."

With Legendaries, you have one that's clearly much better than the others, usually on the 61-point talent. And one that's useless because it only applies to abilities from other souls. So that leaves you with 2 legendary points in your main soul, and 3 legendaries to pick from - Not exactly a ton of interesting choices.

There should be more legendary options. Not 'this skill does 100% more damage' but other benefits so you could tailor your build to your own playstyle rather than having the exact same 61-point build as everyone else using that soul.

Soulwalker

Default Legendary Points

Since returning to Rift after being away for some 5+ years, I raised one of my characters to level 70. What I noticed which is strange, I gained more legendary points (5) but cannot see where/how to spend them, is this 'normal'?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Runleene View Post
    Since returning to Rift after being away for some 5+ years, I raised one of my characters to level 70. What I noticed which is strange, I gained more legendary points (5) but cannot see where/how to spend them, is this 'normal'?
    In the soul tree you'll see gold outlines on some abilities. Just click the ones you want.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    In the soul tree you'll see gold outlines on some abilities. Just click the ones you want.
    Thanks for the info, seems they limited the amount you can take in any part of the tree. I either spend them on attributes I never use, or leave them in the bank. I suspect that is the same for almost all souls.

+ Reply to Thread