+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mordrahan

Thread: make Elementalist great again

Default make Elementalist great again

I miss playing Ele.
    New pyro is better than the old one, but I prefer the fluid and steady rotation of Elementalist to pyro's random proc mechanics.
    Ele has an interesting mechanic with the cycle thing.

I know the current dev despises pet souls, and want them not be competitive for endgame, but while other callings have one pet soul, mage gets two. So we have two trash souls. And I hate being stuck with pyro for years.
    Necro is heavyly pet-oriented, and should stay like this, but Ele could be easyly reworked in a soul without pet.
    We already play without the pet in conduit mode.

Remove the pet, and put everything on pure elemental theme. Reverse the nerfs made to Ele soul.
    And give it an interrupt or purge, so it can be as useful as other dps souls.

Make the current pet buffs to be buffs on the mage. Conduit of power would be a self buff, with four elemental variations. Synergize would be a self buff.
    Replace pet specific skills by a self version. Instead of getting Fire summon at level 51, the mage would get a self buff giving him the same damage bonus. Call it Fire aura, and give it a visual effect like some event trincket do.
    And so on. Almost all pet oriented skills in the tree have an effect on the caster himself, so this could be done by removing the pet part / altering a bit.

Please. Elementalist is by lore the original mage in RIFT. What a pity we can't play it.

Note: I speak for pure 61 elementalist. Not for some OP hybrid. So these changes should be done while Firestorm damage buff is changed to affect only pyro abilities (I still wonder why this was not the first change to kill the pyro-ele hybrid...).
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 08-31-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Plane Walker

For raids the Ele is behind Harb, Pyro and Warlock but for open world content and experts he is still pretty good especially when it comes to burst and cleave. Since most expert bosses in today's groups die so fast, the burst from Ele is quite useful and Crystalline Missiles spam with 0.5 sec global cooldown is very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    For raids the Ele is behind Harb, Pyro and Warlock but for open world content and experts he is still pretty good especially when it comes to burst and cleave. Since most expert bosses in today's groups die so fast, the burst from Ele is quite useful and Crystalline Missiles spam with 0.5 sec global cooldown is very powerful.
    Maybe you can do open world content and experts in Ele if you are overgeared, but if you are, why bother, pyro or harb are better to kill things fast.
    And if you have only entry level gear, as I tried with a fresh 70 mage, post nerf Ele is not enough dps, and tank pet dies too fast. We need at least the nerfs to the Ele soul to be reversed.

What I want is Elem to be a full playable soul, on par with pyro. Mage needs change, and this could be a refreshing choice, without much work to do for the dev.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 08-31-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    We need at least the nerfs to the Ele soul to be reversed
    If you want kill things fast what prevents you from playing harb, pyro or warlock?

The changes at that time were necessary. The ElePyro was too powerful he was the king in burst, cleave and overall dps. As a reminder the Ele/Pyro has done 500 k dps selfbuffed with expert gear which was simply out of control. http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1482183056.jpg

With T1 equip and a eternal weapon the old ele would probably do over 2 million dps.

I know you have trouble with the Maze of Steel quest and want a pet soul which helps you but I can only recommend you look at the 61 Harbinger/9 Chloro/6 Arbiter the survivalist so you will be happier in the long run.

As far as I know there is no current Ele guide, if you play with an Ele guide from the forum they are all outdated.

If you want kill things fast what prevents you from playing harb, pyro or warlock?

The changes at that time were necessary. The ElePyro was too powerful he was the king in burst, cleave and overall dps. As a reminder the Ele/Pyro has done 500 k dps selfbuffed with expert gear which was simply out of control. http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1482183056.jpg

With T1 equip and a eternal weapon the old ele would probably do over 2 million dps.
    Please read again what I wrote.
    I speak for a new Ele. Pure Ele.
    So don't talk about the hybrid. We all know this was OP and not intended.
    The problem is to nerf this unwanted hybrid they nerfed so much the Ele tree that 61 Ele is now trash.
    Other ways could have been found (nerfing the synergy with pyro for example, the Firestorm thing) to kill the hybrid without killing the Ele soul.

And yes I can play Harb or Pyro, like we have been forced to do for all NT and before. But I find this boring, I don't want to play melee and I love the Ele gameplay with the cycle thing. I play pyro because no choice, but change would be welcome.
    Having to choose between a gameplay I like or good performance is not pleasant. RIFT once was a game where you could build your own spec and play it.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    And yes I can play Harb or Pyro, like we have been forced to do for all NT and before. But I find this boring, I don't want to play melee and I love the Ele gameplay with the cycle thing. I play pyro because no choice, but change would be welcome.
    As far as I know, the devs do not want pets souls in raids (except the beastmaster). It was said that the pets souls are for inexperienced players and are used mainly during the leveling process.

If you do not like Pyro and Harb and you want a change look at the 61 Warlock/ 15 Necro/ 0 Arb probably the top mage spec at the moment.

I know it is a pity that only a small number of souls are useful, but the Dev team is very small compared to other MMORPGs (only one dev is responsible for all classes).

As far as I know, the devs do not want pets souls in raids (except the beastmaster). It was said that the pets souls are for inexperienced players and are used mainly during the leveling process.
    I know this (and don't agree but this is another matter, I think they choose this way because pet scaling and pet IA are too much work).
    This is the reason why I made the suggestion post above.
    Elementalist could be reworked in a soul without pet with minimal work, and this would make mage same as other callings, have one pet soul for leveling (necro) and one more competitive ranged dps soul with interesting gameplay.

+ Reply to Thread