+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mystifal
  • 2 Post By Holyroller12
  • 1 Post By Kaynda

Thread: leveling ALTS - a nightmare from 65 to 70

Rift Disciple

Default leveling ALTS - a nightmare from 65 to 70

Dear Trion, i've recently decided to level an alt toon from 65 to 70, just for fun and to comprehend more deeply all the callings.
    well, i discovered that leveling from 65 to 70 for the second time is a nightmare !!! the only 'fast' way i discovered, is doing all the quests all over again. you could understand that this is really BORING.
    ok, you decided to remove mostly all the source of XP, and also PVP, dungeons and IAs give a very little amount of XP, so players must follow the quest story lines.
    and this is GOOD, because you spent a lot of time (and money) in creating the world, the story and the PVE environment, and players must reward you playing the storyline.
    but it's good ONLY for the FIRST 65-70 leveling !!! i'm wondering why we have to do the whole storyline over and over again !!!

so this is my suggestion: when the first character from an account reaches level 70, please give a bind on account item (e.g. a trinket) as reward that boosts 80-100% XP from all sources when a toon is under level 70, so if we'd like to level up in another ways we can do that, and we are not forced to do all the content again.

i think this is a good idea that does not ruin all your PVE work, because 99% of the leveling is SOLO questing, and having less people questing should not matter from your side

thanks a lot for considering this
    cheers

you want a permanent 100 percent exp increase? why do you think they would possibly even consider that.

anything that cuts into profits isnt gonna happen. maybe for black or silver loyalty they might do that.

Rift Disciple

i'm only saying that i've been playing RIFT since launch, and this is the first time i've got do do the whole PVE content over and over again.
    until 65 i enjoyed the content with my main, then leveled alts with dungeons, adventures and whatever i wanted to do that day
    i think that forcing to play the same content more than ONCE is simply not honest towards the players

Telaran

I understand your dissatisfaction.

I just got my 4th toon to 70 and I did it mainly with daily and weekly quests just in the first two zones in Celestial Lands. It took a while but it wasn't a big time commitment per day. The daily quests to close 2 rifts can often be piggybacked on a zone invasion. The IA's that occur in Gedlo Badlands also can help with the daily rift quest.

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

I think it's fine to have alternate ways to level and that those ways should almost be as good or as fast as questing is. If you've been playing since launch like I have then your alts should have plenty of vials or at least enough to get you through the zones a lot faster. Patron + 160% vials get you there in about 5 1/2 hours depending on how fast you kill and what spec you're using. The less downtime between kills, the better.

65 - 68 - Do every carnage and quest in scatheran
    68 - 70 - Skip over to Ashenfell to get half way into 69 and finish the rest in Vostigar.

I leveled all 4 of my alts extremely fast this way and that's before LFR TD every came out. I would usually just finish off 69 with a few carnages.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Isp
    Plane Walker

Leveling alts is very fast and easy process. Since 4.1 gearing of alts is long, boring and horrendous (and very very expensive too). If you think that leveling is long and boring better stop there, before bad part.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    Dear Trion, i've recently decided to level an alt toon from 65 to 70, just for fun and to comprehend more deeply all the callings.
    well, i discovered that leveling from 65 to 70 for the second time is a nightmare !!! the only 'fast' way i discovered, is doing all the quests all over again. you could understand that this is really BORING.
    ok, you decided to remove mostly all the source of XP, and also PVP, dungeons and IAs give a very little amount of XP, so players must follow the quest story lines.
    and this is GOOD, because you spent a lot of time (and money) in creating the world, the story and the PVE environment, and players must reward you playing the storyline.
    but it's good ONLY for the FIRST 65-70 leveling !!! i'm wondering why we have to do the whole storyline over and over again !!!

so this is my suggestion: when the first character from an account reaches level 70, please give a bind on account item (e.g. a trinket) as reward that boosts 80-100% XP from all sources when a toon is under level 70, so if we'd like to level up in another ways we can do that, and we are not forced to do all the content again.

i think this is a good idea that does not ruin all your PVE work, because 99% of the leveling is SOLO questing, and having less people questing should not matter from your side

thanks a lot for considering this
    cheers
    I totally agree with this, it would really be cool. Or maybe make some shop items that we can buy once we have one toon on lvl 70, and these items would boost your xp by X amount of %, e.g. an automatically scaled chest that increases xp by X%, just like the weapons that you can buy.

I would really appreciate that. (:
    Last edited by Fia; 08-28-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Soulwalker

You wouldn't need an exp buff if Trion returned the planar adventures with their quests. Some people just don't like questing. Why not offer alternatives, instead of cutting them off - like cutting the exp from crafting dailys and stuff like that?

Honestly, Rift feels more and more like a place where I somewhat *have to* spend my money instead of making me *wanting to spend* money. And that's poor (and will probably make Trion lose customers in the long run).
    Last edited by Kaynda; 09-12-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Soulwalker

It's a nightmare leveling from 1-70 as well

doing IAs get very repetitive

+ Reply to Thread