+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rgizil

Thread: Rework Individual Reward Charges System?

King of Slackers

Default Rework Individual Reward Charges System?

After we read "Devs gotta eat" for months now, let us try to improve the "Individual Reward Charges System"!

I. Make Individual Rewards Charges (IRC) accountwide instead of having them for every character seperately. It does not make sense to let people farm tradable items (e.g. Essences/Crafting Materials) so easy. You want more loot/faster equipment - Spend money! You already got 1 free roll per week/character!
    Announce the changes 4 weeks before a major patch so people can spend their charges.

II. Remove the free IRC per week/char for non patrons and replace it with a weekly quest of 30 dungeons/warfronts to receive them. People who really want more loot beside the free roll should at least help to revitalize the dungeon/warfront queues.

III. Individual Rewards are listed as currency in our character window. Let us buy something in the shop with it. Make some exclusive dimension items/wardrobes/consumables/mounts people can spend their charges on. I think there are a few people with active subscription that stockpile them because they can't spend them on useful things... Dimension addicts or pvp only player for example
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

I agree with all you stated, but if IRC get accountwide there should be some more free rolls on QF and CRs at least. There should also be increasing prices for IRC use with a weekly reset (like minion shuffle).

I generally think IRCs are a good monetization instrument if they are not required, uber advanteus or overused.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 07-17-2017 at 08:09 AM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | Heroes of Telara Discord

>>> MONTHLY RIFT GIVEAWAYS <<<

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight

Ral
    Rift Master

Number 2 is just terrible, you really want to do the entire "take from non-patron instead of adding to patron" debacle that was expert/warfront charges again, this time with IRC. How about ways to make patron more appealing.

No way is anyone not already doing them going to bother with 30 experts/warfronts for 2 measly charges per week, so it won't bring anyone in.

If you want to improve the number of players doing warfronts and dungeons, how about adding better rewards for doing them and more incentives for the currency rewards.

IRCs as a way of obtaining gear, especially combined with Patron bonus, should not be sold for cash. Even with a very stretched and tolerant definition of p2w this system is way too close to being exactly that. Add lockboxes bought for credits and the whole "just buy credits if you can't farm enough plat" fragments for a big fat nope. I'm somewhat okay to Patrons having more IRCs than non-patrons (let's not make the mistake of thinking non-patrons are all freeloaders), however IRCs should only be available for in-game currency. Monetization should not be boosted through gear and chances at obtaining gear.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    I. Make Individual Rewards Charges (IRC) accountwide instead of having them for every character seperately. It does not make sense to let people farm tradable items (e.g. Essences/Crafting Materials) so easy. You want more loot/faster equipment - Spend money! You already got 1 free roll per week/character!
    Announce the changes 4 weeks before a major patch so people can spend their charges.
    No. That is absurd. If I want gear on my warrior I shouldn't be punished b/c I spent charges on my rogue.

If anything having the IRC on different characters encourages people to play alts. I haven't logged on my cleric in months, but due to my low IRC charges on my rogue, I was like 'I'll do crifts on my cleric' I realized I was actually enjoying the spec and now I'm leveling my cleric. Something I probably would have never bothered doing if IRC were account wide.

II. Remove the free IRC per week/char for non patrons and replace it with a weekly quest of 30 dungeons/warfronts to receive them. People who really want more loot beside the free roll should at least help to revitalize the dungeon/warfront queues.
    Are you kidding? This would be game ruining. Could you imagine the number of afkers in warfronts trying to do 30 for their charges? Half of the wf would be afk not caring. That's as destructive to the game as it gets.

People should do 30 dungeons to get charges to then spend to get gear in dungeons? That doesn't make much sense.

III. Individual Rewards are listed as currency in our character window. Let us buy something in the shop with it. Make some exclusive dimension items/wardrobes/consumables/mounts people can spend their charges on. I think there are a few people with active subscription that stockpile them because they can't spend them on useful things... Dimension addicts or pvp only player for example
    IRC should be used simply as charges. There are credits and plat and multiple other currencies to use for items/mounts.
    ---------

It amazes me that the solution to the games problems is 'Nickel and Dime people more'. I understand the devs need to eat, that's understandable. But putting paywalls and cash grabs up at every corner of the game does not fix the problems, it just compiles on them and then more players leave. These solutions will only make the tiny population we still have tinier.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

+ Reply to Thread