+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Uruketo

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Selective Heal Blocking

Default Selective Heal Blocking

Can we get some form of heal blocking for raid healing? For example, if someone is being a jerk and trying to wipe the PuG raid or PuG expert, I would like to put a “shun” buff on them to prevent my heals from keeping them upright. Another alternative that might be easier to program, is if our heals did not work on anyone on our ignore lists. Perhaps some people would be less mouthy in PvP if heals didn’t work on them.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Selective heals

Yes!!!!! Something like this would be great for PVP!!!!!

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hahahhaahhahaahahha. I could TOTALLY get behind that for my ignore list, but it goes against the spirit and design of the game.

Unfortunately, the potential for griefing would be immense - let's just avoid the jerks the old fashioned way: friends don't let friends group with, raid with or guild with jerks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hahahhaahhahaahahha. I could TOTALLY get behind that for my ignore list, but it goes against the spirit and design of the game.

Unfortunately, the potential for griefing would be immense - let's just avoid the jerks the old fashioned way: friends don't let friends group with, raid with or guild with jerks.
    How could your healing not affecting those on your ignore list be used for griefing?

I had one this morning for the first time in forever I'd love to have had that feature for .. was running Planar IAs and someone made a comment about people working against the group, but no names or anything (some troll was deliberately kiting everything around while we were doing timed stages of the rifts) The commenter immediately left and someone asked what they meant. Someone else explained that the troll was kiting everything around on purpose .. and the troll responded .. and then got into calling obscene names and making vile assertions about those in the guild of the person who commented.

As I'm a chloro and I rely on knowing where the mobs are and being able to reach them to heal, he was making my job infinitely harder (yeah I know, not that it's that hard in those IAs, but when you get a bunch of DPS, no tank and only one healer, I have to keep an eye on the raid frames in case one of the DPS gets overwhelmed and isn't going to stay up without ST intervention, so when the troll was deliberately kiting them out of range and behind me, etc., I kept having to rely on ST heals far more than I should)

Since we had over 10 in the raid and even running raid heals, it only affects 10, I'd have loved to know that putting him on ignore would keep him from receiving healing from me and it would instead go to the rest who were trying to meet the objectives of the IAs.

Frankly I'd settle for having someone on my ignore list keep them out of my groups in IAs (or me out of theirs or whatever), then I wouldn't be faced with this situation.
    Last edited by KaterinaAmaranth; 07-07-2017 at 12:27 PM. Reason: clarity

+ Reply to Thread