+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Excess crafting marks

Soulwalker

Default Excess crafting marks

Found this information and was wondering if it a sink for excess crafting marks will be reintroduced.

I have never had an excess of crafting marks in 3.0 or 4.0. The recopies eat up all the marks. It would be neat I suppose for those who do not want the higher end crafting recipes.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Uruketo View Post
    I have never had an excess of crafting marks in 3.0 or 4.0. The recopies eat up all the marks. It would be neat I suppose for those who do not want the higher end crafting recipes.
    Strange.. Did you power level your crafting skills?
    None of my crafters, since retired, did.
    All of them had more marks than recipes called for because they did the dailies and leveled while doing so. Admittedly they had been crafting since vanilla, attracted to crafting then by the usefulness of the crafted items.

Along with the devs, you appear to dismiss that crafting marks are accumulated by gatherers completing daily and weekly "crafting quests".

The release of 4.0 offered nothing for gathers, recipe wise, and only one recipe for survival.

As for "higher end" crafting recipes..... I personally don't think the investment in time and plat to be able to craft for oneself an item is justified. Were the crafted items to fetch more than the cost of the materials on the Auction House then it might be a consideration, but this in not the case. What is available on the AH, comparable to the crafted items, sells mostly for a fraction on the cost of just the vendor reagents required for the crafted item.

Currently crafting still has one advantage, the PAXP gain.
    Some dailies are actually profitable plat wise, the handing in of one piece of leather for 7+ plat for example. Others, however, follow the trend set by Sarleaf Salad.

No reason was ever given for the removal of the vendor who would exchange excess marks for crates of useful materials other than that it was "obsolete" having been introduced by an older expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    Relogging seems to clear everything up

Telaran

I think this is a valid suggestion especially for a character who has the three gathering professions. There are no new recipes for gathering professions (butchering, foraging, mining) and just a handful of old dimension recipes bought with crafting marks. Maybe some new, expensive dimension recipes could be added to give gathers something to spend crafting marks on.

Too, the level 70 Weaponsmith recipes for melee weapons are essentially useless with the free eternal weapon. The only reason to buy them would be if you want the costume effect. I was looking them over and I seem to already have the costume effect for most of them.

Except for the BiS crafted helms and ranged weapons, I don't see much level 70 crafted gear that is worth crafting.

+ Reply to Thread