+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By notawaifu

Thread: Fragment UI & Affinities

Default Fragment UI & Affinities

hey,

The Planar Fragment tab pointlessly shows a character model. There is no reason we need to see our character here. Fragments don't change how we look. The space should be used to show the fragment tier listing for each element. So people stop saying t4s are bad. Because a t1-3 Earth fragment is useless for a dps mage.

this space:

http://i.imgur.com/sJIL57F.png

needs this info:

http://i.imgur.com/rdnO2LU.png

Rift Disciple

I agree the current character UI is not only pointless, it's confusing. I guess it was just relatively easy to code, so we could get the screen-filling animation of the infusion process.

I would love to see more visible information regarding which stats belong to which tier of each plane. The one chart I saw, back in the PTS days, is now buried in history and may be somewhere in the guides. It's certainly not readily available.

I know that it indicates that for some planes, useful DPS stats don't happen above Tier 3 or Tier 4. For other planes, the same is true for useful tank stats.

However for indicating the "quality" / "tier" of the stats, they should NOT use the rarity colors. For planar fragments, the rarity color simply indicates how many of the fragment's stats are visible, and says nothing whatever about the quality of those stats.

Let's not be doubly confuslng.

Quote Originally Posted by mashata View Post
    However for indicating the "quality" / "tier" of the stats, they should NOT use the rarity colors. For planar fragments, the rarity color simply indicates how many of the fragment's stats are visible, and says nothing whatever about the quality of those stats.

Let's not be doubly confuslng.
    Sure. That screenshot was just from using this addon. Blame them for using the colours to indicate how strong a stat is under an element.

*Yet an addon shouldn't be needed to see this information.

Bump because I want to make sure it's seen by somebody with some influence on the upcoming Fragment changes.

The fragments need more than a mechanical change they need UI and UI-based (not an NPC) explanation.

+ Reply to Thread