+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Guild Improvements

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lothloria View Post
    Yes and yes! A lot of these if implemented would definitely get my 'casual' off the floor and into the game a lot, lot more.

I see game health written all over this pool of features and most importantly for Trion, more dollars flowing into their bank.

I hope the devs and management are looking all of these over. Some may not ever be done, but the majority would be a godsend to the game. I think the badges and such brings cohesion, just like in a club or a military service in real life.

Just read the post above... Keeping people is very important. I tend to drift out and in because I don't do raids because of my hearing and limited money and a lot of guilds really want that. I would be in a supporter role, helping equip others who do raiding though.

absolutely correct on the casuals becoming more involved, I have members of my guild who never truly interact with the rest of us just because nothing is inspiring them to

and yes trion could easily get a lot of REX sales from people in need of plats to pay for upgrades or even credits if they were to make upgrades buyable

and the guild alliances goes back to what you are saying about raiding, I have a lot of members who tag with other guilds for raids that build relationships useful for getting more for players interested in things my guild lacks the capable player base for which has some to do with older less focused players like myself, a disabled us army vet, and others who have low end PCs or laptops who cannot see ground based effects in low render to be able to react to red and get out of it fast enough to be able to participate.

For whatever reason, I rarely check the "suggestions" portion of the forum - perhaps you could make a post in the "general discussion" area with a link to this, which will generate more hits.

I LOVE the ideas you have put forth, and thank you for incorporating other's suggestions as they are raised. Truly collaborative.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

General of Telara

Some really good ideas. I would love to see some improvements to the guild system which imo is really needs.

Better quest rewards, improved perk system, guild colours (capes etc) like Challengere has suggested would be welcomed with open arms. Some kind of in game sign up mechanism for events would also be fantastic.

Generally more emphasis on guild activites and tools for guild leaders to use would be fantastic. Also buff planar protection its been two expansions now!

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    A lot of guilds use join date to determine when a guild member becomes an actual "member" instead of a recruit or temp. Having that information in game would make it much easier to manage.
    I see, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    A lot of guilds use join date to determine when a guild member becomes an actual "member" instead of a recruit or temp. Having that information in game would make it much easier to manage.
    Yes, this would make promotions and management of personnel so much easier. Being in a super larger guild it is actually a lot of work to constantly type in join date info on every single new recruit, and if you have a field for it populated, then its very easy to do promotions just by probably sorting on a date field :P
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    Yes, this would make promotions and management of personnel so much easier. Being in a super larger guild it is actually a lot of work to constantly type in join date info on every single new recruit, and if you have a field for it populated, then its very easy to do promotions just by probably sorting on a date field :P
    not to mention that putting join dates means not putting any other kind of useful info we might care to tag members with in the officer notes

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    not to mention that putting join dates means not putting any other kind of useful info we might care to tag members with in the officer notes
    Exactly.. I like to use the public notes for the people's hit/role. The extra field will do wonders! Let's hope for some Trion Dev to pop in here and applaud this thread !
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post
    For whatever reason, I rarely check the "suggestions" portion of the forum - perhaps you could make a post in the "general discussion" area with a link to this, which will generate more hits.

I LOVE the ideas you have put forth, and thank you for incorporating other's suggestions as they are raised. Truly collaborative.
    unfortunately their spam blocker is keeping me from doing that

unfortunately this isn't getting the exposure needed since not as many players check the what's new at the top or the suggestions forum.

does anyone know who the mods are that could relocate this to general threads for more exposure to the bulk of forum surfers?

General of Telara

Ocho would probably be a good person to ask but I think he is on paternity leave. Perhaps TrionBrasse might be able to help. It is a good thread, I think more people would comment if it was more visible for sure

do I need to message them personally or can I just name them in the thread and get thier attention?

General of Telara

private message them

k thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post

I have asked TrionBrasse to move this to a more widely viewed forum, awaiting reply

Telaran

Here are my suggestions.

- Guild Updates -
    This is a semi big one. Guilds have seen no love from trion ever it seems. Half the guild perks aren't even that useful anymore since the removal of open world pvp (or the death of it anyway) Guess for conquest it could be a bit useful. Half the abilities don't even scale up to 65 (guild mate pointed this out to me)

Guild Hall Changes
    - Maybe add portals we can place to raids, dungeons, that you have a chance of getting as a drop off one of the bosses
    - Add a Guild banker please
    - Maybe gain rested xp for afking in a guild dimension

Banner/Ability Changes
    - More banners such as PVE boosts, xp boosts, gathering/crafting boosts
    - I really dont need a banner to tele my whole guild their are ports everywhere
    - More guild abilities (Make it useful to level up my guild)

Better Roster System
    - Alts get profiled under a drop down menu as to not display that a guild has 30 ppl but 10 ppl with a lot of alts (make it better for organizing groups and stuff)

Guild Gear (might be tricky)
    - maybe add some sort of guild currency that people can get from doing rifts with their guild mates
    - They can then use this guild currency to buy special guild gear (maybe make it on par with world/crafted gear. I know its a long stretch but it would give guilds a reason to do things together outside of raids/dungeons and it would be somewhat rewarding. Yes I realize its unfair to non-guild players but hey they have the option to join a guild. Same with pvp gear, its unfair to those of us that don't pvp but hey we have the option to do it.
    - some cosmetic items such as a guild tabard or guild cape. Something so we can represent out guild.

Guild Pvp
    - Guild vs Guild battle arenas, Dont even worry about matching us up against each other, let us do that. We can choose to battle other guilds if we wish in a battle arena. Basically 2 guilds agree upon a battle (permission for the ranks to do so) then an option gets put up to teleport to the arean and bam small 1min countdown and go. Put 2 castles up facing each other and a crystal at the top of each and first guild to lose the crystal loses. Reward can be guild currency. (need to regulate somehow to prevent farming).
    - Open world Guild vs Guild, Make it so that the ranks with the battle permission can start up a war between the two guilds. This battle last 48 hours and ANYWHERE in the world if you see an opposing guild member you can opt to attack and slay them. To win the opposing guild has to remove the leader of the enemy guild, or slay a certain amount of enemy guild members.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast