+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear

Shadowlander

Default Gear

Hello,

I dont know if anyone suggested this yet but i was thinking to re roll to a class that i enjoy a lot more than my current main. However the effort farm etc i put on my main makes it really hard so while looking for gear for my alt i saw that you can gift gear but only with credits. I thought it would be a good idea to be able to gift with currencies or at least make them account bound for cases like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia81 View Post
    Hello,

I dont know if anyone suggested this yet but i was thinking to re roll to a class that i enjoy a lot more than my current main. However the effort farm etc i put on my main makes it really hard so while looking for gear for my alt i saw that you can gift gear but only with credits. I thought it would be a good idea to be able to gift with currencies or at least make them account bound for cases like mine.
    This has pretty much been shot down every time it's brought up. It would be really nice since then I could use the 100k Fragments of Madness on my cleric but probably never going to happen.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia81 View Post
    Hello,

I was thinking about this just today. I was thinking about the people who rerolled the Primalist and will now be using that calling as their main character. I was thinking about how nice it would be if Trion could make pets, titles, reputation, achievements, and collected artifacts account wide so those who are starting over again won't lose everything they have worked for from their old main characters. It was just a hopeful thought. And who knows, it might help others who are maybe on the fence about switching over to Primalist transition a little easier since they wouldn't lose everything.

Rift Disciple

I have been hearing this a lot lately. You'll never see this done with any of the raid currency. Ever. I suppose one simple answer is when you get your gear then stop playing that toon and level the alt and get raid currency on that one instead of continuing to play the one that doesn't need it and stockpiling the currency.

There used to be vouchers and they were removed with 3.0. You could do any of the sourcestones and planarite but it never allowed dungeon and raid currency to have vouchers.

I'd say you probably don't have it as bad as you think you do. Yes, I know you have all that excess. But I've been playing since beta. I have 13 level 65s with 5 more in the works. They all need gear but I've crafted and worked for what I do have by doing the experts and raids with them. I have been through 2 or 3 currency wipes where they purged all the old zone, dungeon and raid currencies that other toons probably could have used it. Hell, I still have currency for world events that don't even exist any more and no way to use that currency.

As for factions and such. Trion has been kind enough to share the benefits of having that rep by making the items it unlocks BoA. You can use the big horde of plat and void stones and buy it on that toon and mail it to the alt. They even did it for the NT saga by allowing you to buy and ship the Ghar Badge to alts.

Other than that think of your 65 with all that loot as Dad. Lil Johnny and Lil Suzie (alts) can loot Daddy's bank while they are young but when they get old enough (65) they need to get off their butts and earn their own keep like Daddy had to. Mommy (Trion) is just making sure that Daddy isn't gonna be a big softie and let the kids take advantage of him and mooch off of him like spoiled lazy children.

+ Reply to Thread