+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Jonus
  • 3 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Disable Instance Teleporting in Instant Adventures

Default Disable Instance Teleporting in Instant Adventures

Can we get a way to disable instance teleporting in Instant Adventures? Also, kick the person who first enters an outside instance.

Currently there's a player who has been spending the last 3-4hrs joining IAs and teleporting into Gilded Prophecy, causing players to accidentally click Join and losing credit for the IA objective (because they are in another instance and not contributing).

I hope he gets punished for all the griefing, but I kind of expect nothing to happen.

As such, I'm hoping Trion would look into implementing a way to disable teleports into instances like raids and dungeons. Thank you for the consideration!

Rift Chaser

I guess you have to slap him on ignore, leave the IA and then rejoin for one without him. Sucks though, that sounds like low troll behaviour.
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

^ Does ignore prevent you from joining an IA with someone you have on ignore?
    I know it does for dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    ^ Does ignore prevent you from joining an IA with someone you have on ignore?
    I know it does for dungeons
    I believe it is suppose to, however i have so many people in the Rift Community on ignore and I still see them in dungeon groups. I don't know why. I know for a fact that you can enter into an IA with people you have on ignore.

Hopefully Jonus has sent this person's name directly to in-game support and hopefully Trion will start banning people like this. That is really the only way to prevent people like this to stop.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

I have created a request to our engineering team to auto-remove anyone that tries to zone into a dungeon or raid (basically does anything that would normally prompt a teleport prompt for groupmates) to instead immediately remove the offending player from the IA raid.

I have no ETA, but it has been assigned for implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I have created a request to our engineering team to auto-remove anyone that tries to zone into a dungeon or raid (basically does anything that would normally prompt a teleport prompt for groupmates) to instead immediately remove the offending player from the IA raid.

Would this affect someone who uses Planewalker Call to speed up getting the IA group to a location? (There's this one particular boss fight in Steppes that involves you going over the hills and through the woods and up above a bastion or another and I've been known to routinely port the whole group there to save time.)

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Good idea! I have the same concern with the summon abilities. Like Summon Group: Life or the friend call, which I use to call the tank up to Grungonim faster, since he's been tanking the last elite at the other end of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

Thank you Tacitus for looking into this! Much appreciated! Might be able to do a few IAs without half the group getting teleported and inevitably leaving.

Default Adventure Teleporting

Disable it, they could, though I know they have their hands full on other things, they could add that too their list as so glitches in that same adventure, especially the one with the Abysal Seeds you click on by water, if your in the wrong place, you turn into the mob of some kind and end up in the water then die, that too can be fixed, will it though ??????

+ Reply to Thread