+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Suggestion for a new Patron bonus

Default Suggestion for a new Patron bonus

I have seen some folks complaining about weekly currency caps that have been added to the game with Nightmare Tide, and to some degree, I agree with them. Nobody likes artificial barriers to progression. But at the same time, I recognize that Trion is a business, and has to make money for this game to continue on, so can we find a happy middle ground?

Well, what about Patron status?

What I suggest is that Trion add a new benefit to Patron status, which takes away the currency caps as long as a character is a Patron. This would encourage players who want to avoid the caps to either subscribe or purchase some Rex with platinum, so they can attain Patron status, and Trion makes more money from the subscription or selling the Rex. In the end, everybody wins, at least compared to what we have now.

Champion of Telara

I thought Patrons already had higher cap? 47k VS versus 40k, 15k ACM vs 12.5k and 5.4k FoH vs 4.5k?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I thought Patrons already had higher cap? 47k VS versus 40k, 15k ACM vs 12.5k and 5.4k FoH vs 4.5k?
    Perhaps, but I'm suggesting they remove the cap entirely for Patrons. It might encourage more people to buy the Patron status.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Scormus View Post
    Perhaps, but I'm suggesting they remove the cap entirely for Patrons. It might encourage more people to buy the Patron status.
    you mean force people to buy 160% pots?

HELL NO.

Quote Originally Posted by mealfrog View Post
    you mean force people to buy 160% pots?

HELL NO.
    How did you read that in the statement "Perhaps, but I'm suggesting they remove the cap entirely for Patrons. It might encourage more people to buy the Patron status."? Seriously, I would like to know.

Rift Chaser

How did you read that in the statement "Perhaps, but I'm suggesting they remove the cap entirely for Patrons. It might encourage more people to buy the Patron status."? Seriously, I would like to know.
    no currency cap = BEING FORCED to buy 160% pots, because you'll want to maximize your currency income. its bad thing for casuals and serious players alike.

dont tell me you're not aware of this?

Quote Originally Posted by mealfrog View Post
    no currency cap = BEING FORCED to buy 160% pots, because you'll want to maximize your currency income. its bad thing for casuals and serious players alike.

dont tell me you're not aware of this?
    No, you would not be forced to buy anything. People that chose to do so, that's their business, but no one would be putting a gun to their head and making them do it. Frankly, anybody who thinks like that probably shouldn't be playing this sort of game, anyway, as they have obvious problems with self-control.

Champion of Telara

No, you would not be forced to buy anything. People that chose to do so, that's their business, but no one would be putting a gun to their head and making them do it. Frankly, anybody who thinks like that probably shouldn't be playing this sort of game, anyway, as they have obvious problems with self-control.
    Being Patron is already granting bonuses that can be translated to quicker acquisition of gear that can be used in cutting-edge content for progression. No cap would mean that Patron+160% vials+stacking would be the only viable reason to progress and compete for World/Shard firsts.

As for the part about lack of self-control... why do you think stuff like Transcended-qualit troves for credits exist? It's capitalising on players who can or will spend money for some fluff. And you think that players who could have an edge for more stats aren't going to do it?

Also I wonder, why exactly would you suggest that Patron has no caps? Are you a Patron and hitting the caps? Or do you want to entice others to become Patrons so that you can continue playing the game via their financial support?

Champion

No currency-cap for Patrons = ok!

But there should be a solution for patrons, who don't extent their patronage, so that they don't loose their currencies that are over the cap for non-patrons!
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Telaran

I'd like to see them add a portable healer to patron, usable once a day/week or whatever. You can spawn trainers, why not allow either a spawnable healer the group can use or a move that heals the patron's soul when used.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by HeckTate View Post
    I'd like to see them add a portable healer to patron, usable once a day/week or whatever. You can spawn trainers, why not allow either a spawnable healer the group can use or a move that heals the patron's soul when used.
    It costs like just 5000 Planarite and every player can get it.

Rift Disciple

People dont know how to limit themselves, therefore they need trion to do it for them. Otherwise they would feel compelled to buy pots so they get max currency all the time. Or they could just buy whatever they were going to spend the currency on...which is not only more time efficient but cheaper lol.

Unlimited currency would be an unfair bonus to patrons and i say that as a patron. We already get a bonus cap compared to free players giving us an edge. That would give us a very large edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorian View Post
    People dont know how to limit themselves, therefore they need trion to do it for them. Otherwise they would feel compelled to buy pots so they get max currency all the time. Or they could just buy whatever they were going to spend the currency on...which is not only more time efficient but cheaper lol.

Unlimited currency would be an unfair bonus to patrons and i say that as a patron. We already get a bonus cap compared to free players giving us an edge. That would give us a very large edge.
    The game got by just fine without a currency cap before Nightmare Tide, it would be fine for Patrons to have that bonus now.

You also have to think about the Patrons who aren't hitting the cap, I'm sure there are a lot of them. That brings it back to the question. Do you want more people to buy Patron because of the lack of a cap or do you personally want a lack of a cap because you're hitting it? I do not think removing the cap would make them nearly as much money as you think it would.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Chaser

The game got by just fine without a currency cap before Nightmare Tide, it would be fine for Patrons to have that bonus now.
    lol. troll thread confirmed. good try, sir.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast