+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Dark Mits
  • 1 Post By Vedryne

Thread: Dungeons, and the problem with the system at the moment.

Lightbulb Dungeons, and the problem with the system at the moment.

Currently (even as I write this) we have 2 people who refuse to do the dungeon, and also refuse to just leave unless we kick them, cause they do not want the "abandon" debuff. What I think we need, because this happens far too often these days (There's even people who que in as everything, and then refuse to do the role they get & either sit until kicked/they finally leave, or pitch a fit until someone swaps roles with them). I say there should be 2 options for Vote Kick, the normal, where someone can be kicked & they don't get a timer, and one where they still get the debuff & can't enter a dungeon, maybe for even longer than just leaving. Only thing is that the second option would have to be watched by Trion somewhat, to make sure people weren't abusing it, or to see who problem people might be and do something with them *shrug* just an idea. I'm sure we've all had those people these days.
    Anjuraje (Wolfsbane) Cleric
    Mikhale (Wolfsbane) Mage

Champion of Telara

No system can fix human stupidity.

To be honest, I don't encounter this a whole lot, and usually when I do, it's something you just gotta put off as an individual occurrence and move on. Trion can't please everyone and unless you can make a case that this is seriously affecting gameplay (And given the frequency that I've seen, not likely), Trion isn't going to change it. Not to mention you'll be happier that way.

2 kicking options won't fix it; it will be very easy to abuse if wanted.
    The only thing I can think of is a 2-3clicks player report option for such behaviour - and if a person gets many (needs to be defined) such reports, he gets a deserter-type debuff for several days. Still someone would probably find a way to abuse such system too.
    Probably the best way here would be to add those players to ignore list (if I understand correctly, this prevents you from being matched, doesn't it?) and ask your friends/guildies to do the same.

+ Reply to Thread