+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigdaddy69x

Thread: Upgrading Collector's Editions....

Default Upgrading Collector's Editions....

I wanted to upgrade from the Infusion Collector's Edition to the Ultimate Nightmare Edition.

After a discussion with GM Support I was told there is "no way possible" to upgrade without paying the full $150 instead of just the $100 difference in price.

No. Way. Possible.

So, my suggestion is for the devs to "find a way" that we can upgrade our collector's editions and only pay the price difference. I'm not going to spend $50 more than what I think is fair, and because of that decision Trion loses out on $100.
    <Imagine Sweet Sig Here>

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ng-acount.html
    Again?
    Oh, well... just buy the NMT Ultimate Edition for around 70$ on ************, and use the other 30$ on whatever you like.
    Last edited by Schneeball; 03-05-2015 at 04:00 AM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

Plane Walker

Hmm, I already ate my medium big Mac combo. Can I pay the difference on a large and get that to go? Ktnxbye

Quote Originally Posted by Xamot View Post
    Hmm, I already ate my medium big Mac combo. Can I pay the difference on a large and get that to go? Ktnxbye
    Not the same thing, by any means. Most companies these days (when reguarding DLC content) Will actually allow upgrading, as all it does it make them more money, not everyone can save $150 to spend at once, not everyone want to spend $150 in one blow. However, I think a good number of people would upgrade to the end one, over time, if they could...which just allows Trion more cash, and more profit...which (as a company) should be one of their top cares. Just sayin, it's not -that- hard to code in, and I'm sure it'd be more than worth it for them to do.
    Anjuraje (Wolfsbane) Cleric
    Mikhale (Wolfsbane) Mage

I have a GW2 account with a Collectors Edition code in it, and i wanted to add a Heroic Edition code to it, but that wouldn't work, i only got some error messages back.
    So, i decided to contact the support, give them the code, and they should be able to add the code, right?

Well, not a chance.

After some emailing with the GW2 Support, it became clear, that it would have worked with an HE code in the account and to add a CE code to it, but not the other way around.
    And i did pay the full price for both codes, and of course got no refund for the HE code in the end.

Just saying, the grass isn't allways greener on the other side...

And again, you can buy Rift codes for a very good price on several game code/key reseller sites these days.
    Last edited by Schneeball; 03-10-2015 at 03:26 AM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

Plane Walker

Why it is not the same thing it is the same principle. If they do it that is awesome but there is no reason to cry or complain if they don't.
    My favorite part is "find a way" mentality. No one ever suggest about charging additional money. They only want to pay a difference. Which is not reasonable to expect.
    Last edited by Xamot; 03-10-2015 at 03:48 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xamot View Post
    Fail.

Proper analogy would be to add a desert or another side to it. Being that the editions are just additional items for more cash while including the previous items. It is not that you are getting a completely different version of the same item....

+ Reply to Thread