+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Suggestions etc...

Telaran

Default Some Suggestions etc...

Ok so im gonna start off by saying I just thought of these and most were due to me being annoyed and somewhat bored :/

So to start off the list:

Planarite: Why do we have a cap for planarite? Its not like im going to be using this on much except for buying planar powers and maybe a couple of essences. I find that grinding for the Focus of Nightmares almost forces me to stop whatever im doing just to use the planarite oterwise im just wasting it.

Now for some players like me I have 2 sets of gear one for tanking and the other for dps, heal and support. So I thought hey why not buy 2 because im such a perfectionist when it comes to gearing my character (most of the time anyway) so having to stop let's say a nightmare rift half way because im not gaining any planarite is annoying and id rather not do it so I suggest you raise the cap maybe by another 100k or so or remove it completely.

I might not understand the reason behinf the cap so please feel free to enlighten me a little.

Nightmare Tide Factions: I feel the need to grind rep sometimes and it's hard to do after you complete everything in a zone. Lets say you complete Goboro Reef then you are stuck with 4 dailies and for me that kind sucks as they only give 250+ rep each so thats alot of grinding to do and id rather do it in a day or so than take a month just to finish it. I also feel using Vials to do this kinda defeats the point of the grind. So why not add more dailies and or add repeatable quests?

I know you can use minions and also get rep from the chrons and so on but id like more variety please.

Under powered souls: I find some souls a little under powered and useless. I play warrior and decided to buy the Dream soul pack. Now dont get me wrong I think being able to play healer is kinda awesome but Liberator is very very under powered. Seriously I find it kinda unfair that a fresh lvl65 in most cases cant heal an NTE. Why not make it so any class can heal one? im pretty sure any class can tank one also very sure any class can dps and play support in one.

So why make it so hard for Chloromancers, Wardens, Sentinels and Liberators to be able to heal in an NTE? I dont see any harm in giving these souls a little boost and making dungeons a little more friendly.

Also Riftblade does anyone still use that? if that soul got a little boost id be all over that.

Also please correct me if im wrong.

Lastly.....

Mounts: Why not add more variety when it comes to mounts? they all kinda look the same but we all know the truth... You see that guy on his white panda/Bear whatever :/ and you on your black one and you just feel like dismounting and walking the rest of the way. Maybe add mount drops to dungeons and raids make things a little more interesting. I dont really care for mounts you can buy with credits sure I have one or two of them but why not add some unique ones so you can actually get them with some hard work? and im not talking about adding a horse to a raid slapping some armour on it and saying done... Id settle for a flaming steed found in Infernal Dawn or maybe a squid mount found in Hammerknell.

More content and maybe ill enjoy end game a little more than I am now. Seriously I actually went back to get the God Slayer title just because it sounds awesome so mix it up a bit.

And now you can all rage and comment down below

Thanks for the read and feel free to correct me wherever I might have made a mistake.
    Last edited by DarkBladeNemo; 03-04-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Champion of Telara

1) The cap on Planarite exists so that people do not amass such high values that allows them to buy newly released items in the future the very same day. If there was no cap, I am not exaggerating when I say that some players would currently have planarite in the order of tens of millions with absolutely nothing meaningful to spend it on.

What do you mean "stop a NMR midway because of hitting the cap"? If you were close to the cap and you were sure you'd hit it, you could have spent some planarite on something random, maybe in buying a lure. I open the RIft Store during NMRs to spend planarite when I hit 199k. If there's nothing else you want Planarite for and it's the last purchase you want to do, then why not let it just hit the cap?

2) Reputation can be earned from those dailies at a rate of 1000 per day, and additionally from Chronicles, the daily quest in Throne of Thunder and the daily quest of Marks of Notoriety. You say you want to do it in one day, but that's definitely not the intent. It's an intended timesink, otherwise there would be just Friendly and that's it. You could also use Notoriety vials, and there's also a new guild perk that increases notoriety earned.

3) "Fresh 65 can't heal an NTE". Now this is hard to answer without being labeled an "elitist". For one, a fresh 65 by design doesn't have the stats required to even hit the requirements to join the queue. Secondly, Rust in Bucket achievement as well as crafting can get you not just those requirements, but directly to T1 reqs. Thirdly, NTEs have been nerfed since release, and they were already getting cleared by groups with Chloros and Liberators just meeting those reqs before the nerf.

4) There are like 200 mounts in the game, I can't say I agree with the lack of variety comment. It looks to me like you want to have a unique mount that not only others do not have, but that they also have to stop what they do only and only to admire you. 2 solutions here: Don't pay attention to what mount others use, or use a mount that doesn't attract attention to actually stand out.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; 03-05-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Telaran

All pretty good point's thanks.

I might have a look into trying to heal some NTE's again maybe I just suck as healer as far as the mounts go no I dont want something no one has I just want a little more variety like ROF and PBB have mounts linked to the achievements which are pretty neat imo.

Maybe add more of those or maybe like what they did with the Magma Walker mount something like that would even be good enough. Fact it I like mounts and like collecting them

Maybe even add a few more mounts that dont need to be trianed to swim. Like by closing a water rift you have a chance of finding the mount.

As for the planarite I understand and the rep grinding you have a valid point there too its just frustrating lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBladeNemo View Post
    Ok so im gonna start off by saying I just thought of these and most were due to me being annoyed and somewhat bored :/

So to start off the list:

Planarite: Why do we have a cap for planarite? Its not like im going to be using this on much except for buying planar powers and maybe a couple of essences. I find that grinding for the Focus of Nightmares almost forces me to stop whatever im doing just to use the planarite oterwise im just wasting it.

Now for some players like me I have 2 sets of gear one for tanking and the other for dps, heal and support. So I thought hey why not buy 2 because im such a perfectionist when it comes to gearing my character (most of the time anyway) so having to stop let's say a nightmare rift half way because im not gaining any planarite is annoying and id rather not do it so I suggest you raise the cap maybe by another 100k or so or remove it completely.

I might not understand the reason behinf the cap so please feel free to enlighten me a little.

Nightmare Tide Factions: I feel the need to grind rep sometimes and it's hard to do after you complete everything in a zone. Lets say you complete Goboro Reef then you are stuck with 4 dailies and for me that kind sucks as they only give 250+ rep each so thats alot of grinding to do and id rather do it in a day or so than take a month just to finish it. I also feel using Vials to do this kinda defeats the point of the grind. So why not add more dailies and or add repeatable quests?

I know you can use minions and also get rep from the chrons and so on but id like more variety please.

Under powered souls: I find some souls a little under powered and useless. I play warrior and decided to buy the Dream soul pack. Now dont get me wrong I think being able to play healer is kinda awesome but Liberator is very very under powered. Seriously I find it kinda unfair that a fresh lvl65 in most cases cant heal an NTE. Why not make it so any class can heal one? im pretty sure any class can tank one also very sure any class can dps and play support in one.

So why make it so hard for Chloromancers, Wardens, Sentinels and Liberators to be able to heal in an NTE? I dont see any harm in giving these souls a little boost and making dungeons a little more friendly.

Also Riftblade does anyone still use that? if that soul got a little boost id be all over that.

Also please correct me if im wrong.

Lastly.....

Mounts: Why not add more variety when it comes to mounts? they all kinda look the same but we all know the truth... You see that guy on his white panda/Bear whatever :/ and you on your black one and you just feel like dismounting and walking the rest of the way. Maybe add mount drops to dungeons and raids make things a little more interesting. I dont really care for mounts you can buy with credits sure I have one or two of them but why not add some unique ones so you can actually get them with some hard work? and im not talking about adding a horse to a raid slapping some armour on it and saying done... Id settle for a flaming steed found in Infernal Dawn or maybe a squid mount found in Hammerknell.

More content and maybe ill enjoy end game a little more than I am now. Seriously I actually went back to get the God Slayer title just because it sounds awesome so mix it up a bit.

And now you can all rage and comment down below

Thanks for the read and feel free to correct me wherever I might have made a mistake.
    I totally agree with the cap on planerite, no real reason to have one

For notorieties, I'm pretty sure they will add new tiers of notoriety in future patches, as they did in the past before, its a good reason, why I'm not knocking any of the Tyrant's quests, they all give notoriety, so eh ;o

As for Mounts, I Think there's tons of different models, Some are unique to special world events, some are rare drops, Some are just not obtainable anymore ( SL pre-ordering mount ) and some others, like Tresher with NT, And old EI Raptor ;o
    And I'm pretty sure i'm missing lots of them, cause I'm not really a collector ;o

As for healing in NTE, its hard if u dont have the gear, once u have the gear, u can heal with any specs

And its normal, that chloro and lib wont be as good in weaker gear, cause their role is an AOE Healing role

As for more content? Its pretty sick the amount of content Trion are giving us, just look at how many achievment total points there is

There's unique rewards, and special things in old content, and various stuff, Yes you have to do some research, but eh, its worth it

Just take as an example, the 2 epic minions available from old t3 SL raid, its still not easy to get them, not that hard, but eh, its worth the trip

I hope i answered most of your questions, if you have more, let me know :O<

Sincerely, Exxy

Soulwalker

Thumbs down redundancy

Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    I totally agree with the cap on planerite, no real reason to have one

For notorieties, I'm pretty sure they will add new tiers of notoriety in future patches, as they did in the past before, its a good reason, why I'm not knocking any of the Tyrant's quests, they all give notoriety, so eh ;o

As for Mounts, I Think there's tons of different models, Some are unique to special world events, some are rare drops, Some are just not obtainable anymore ( SL pre-ordering mount ) and some others, like Tresher with NT, And old EI Raptor ;o
    And I'm pretty sure i'm missing lots of them, cause I'm not really a collector ;o

As for healing in NTE, its hard if u dont have the gear, once u have the gear, u can heal with any specs

And its normal, that chloro and lib wont be as good in weaker gear, cause their role is an AOE Healing role

As for more content? Its pretty sick the amount of content Trion are giving us, just look at how many achievment total points there is

There's unique rewards, and special things in old content, and various stuff, Yes you have to do some research, but eh, its worth it

Just take as an example, the 2 epic minions available from old t3 SL raid, its still not easy to get them, not that hard, but eh, its worth the trip

I hope i answered most of your questions, if you have more, let me know :O<

Sincerely, Exxy

Weren't all the questions he had already answered above making that entire post irrelevant?

+ Reply to Thread