+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beastmaster

Default Beastmaster

Dear Trion,

I know Beastmaster original role was dps, and we have a tank pet. When beastmaster was changed to Support, the pet was still there. But, rogue support (bard) doesn't have pet and he can cast at range his abilities, same for Clerics oracles and Mages Archon. Why beastmaster needs to be a melee range to cast his abilities? why we have a pet?. Can we make the warrior support soul without pet and with all his abilities casted at range (30m)? like everyone else? please?. Make another dps soul with pet similar like rogues ranger, mages elemetalist or clerics druid. Make it melee dps for those warriors who love melee dps. Well this is my suggestion.

Ty
    "No pain, No Gain"
    "The supposition that the newcomers need to "learn to play" or "do better" is silly. ~Daglar"

Your signature and post combination confuse me... Your signature make you appear as a hardcore elite player, yet your request is another easy mode, no risk vs reward spec. I will pass thanks!
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by megathalios View Post
    Dear Trion,

I know Beastmaster original role was dps, and we have a tank pet. When beastmaster was changed to Support, the pet was still there. But, rogue support (bard) doesn't have pet and he can cast at range his abilities, same for Clerics oracles and Mages Archon. Why beastmaster needs to be a melee range to cast his abilities? why we have a pet?. Can we make the warrior support soul without pet and with all his abilities casted at range (30m)? like everyone else? please?. Make another dps soul with pet similar like rogues ranger, mages elemetalist or clerics druid. Make it melee dps for those warriors who love melee dps. Well this is my suggestion.

Ty
    Another ranged warrior? We need a refresh in BM, but not make him ranged.
    We need utility in pet (stun , roots), another way to refresh/aply dots and some other fixes, don't need to make him ranged, just viable and FUN to play.

Telaran

You're already semi-ranged, your fierce strike is ranged and shears buffs, your basic finisher is also ranged, and so is your debuff which makes enemies take extra dmg from your group, which is typically my hardest hitting move whenever it's more than just me and my pet on someone. The only things that aren't are your dots which are admittedly most of your moves. With minimum 125% run speed (135% if you put 4 into RB) at all times, a pet, and several dots it's really hard to kite a BM that knows what he's doing so you don't really need ranged. Not to mention you're not a dps class, you're support. Your job isn't to take down other players, it's to boost your team with your crazy amount of buffs (which absolutely should be consolidated into one buff the way oracle does it). When I play BM in a warfront I'm the most survivable player on the field, I do decent but not OP damage, and I provide a huge boost to all allies around me. There's really not much more you can pack into a spec without making it unbalanced.

The only thing BM is lacking in is control. You get 1 move which can put things to sleep until they're hit, but your dots and your pet will break it, plus if you mix in tempest or reaver to make your auto-attacks ranged then there's a chance you'll break the CC yourself if you switch targets while in combat. No interrupts, no slows, snares, stuns, debilitates. I would love to see a utility that does something like slows enemies with 5 or more BM bleeds on them, but other than that I don't think BM needs anything else.

+ Reply to Thread