+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guide Forums Inquiry - Why don't latest posts show?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Guide Forums Inquiry - Why don't latest posts show?

Wondering if it's possible please to have Guide Forums latest post show up so you can see them from the main category they are subbed to under Last Post?

Example:
    Click on Dimension Forum >
    Look Up at Dimension Guides >
    No Last Post is showing.

I understand it's been this way since the beginning but changing this would encourage more guides and feed back. Also curious about where guides are going that aren't in any specific topic?

Example
    Khortish Carnivale 2015 Guide >
    Click on Rift Guides & Strategies

Can't see it anywhere unless you read New Posts (Top left of forum UI) which is how I caught it yesterday.

Cheers.

I understand it's been this way since the beginning but changing this would encourage more guides and feed back. Also curious about where guides are going that aren't in any specific topic?
    A forum's UI is not going to encourage more guides to be written.

Guides that aren't in any specific topic (subforum) like Class Guides, Crafting Guides, Dungeons & Raid Guides, PVP Guides, Dimension Guides, and Technical Guides can just (and are) be posted in the parent subcategory labeled "RIFT Guides and Strategies."

There's already a plethora of general guides posted under the subcategory ("Torvan Reputation," "Tarken Glacier puzzle [...]," et al.)

Also: http://i.imgur.com/F70Jtvh.png
    Last edited by Riane; 02-27-2015 at 08:10 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    A forum's UI is not going to encourage more guides to be written.

Guides that aren't in any specific topic (subforum) like Class Guides, Crafting Guides, Dungeons & Raid Guides, PVP Guides, Dimension Guides, and Technical Guides can just (and are) be posted in the parent subcategory labeled "RIFT Guides and Strategies."

There's already a plethora of general guides posted under the subcategory ("Torvan Reputation," "Tarken Glacier puzzle [...]," et al.)

Also: http://i.imgur.com/F70Jtvh.png
    Considering Dimension forums guides section is very new I've already had three people say they didn't realize anything was in it and 1 has since written a guide the other two are working on something, so once again you are incorrect.

I don't waste my time on things like this unless I have actual feedback on it Cupcakey.

And yes to the second part but I still couldn't see Marko's/Khortish's/Juno's post it should be able to be seen when it was the latest post in that category at the time I am questioning or maybe a guide category for World Content & Events?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-27-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Considering Dimension forums guides section is very new I've already had three people say they didn't realize anything was in it and 1 has since written a guide the other two are working on something, so once again you are incorrect.

I don't waste my time on things like this unless I have actual feedback on it Cupcakey.
    Alright, I'm not incorrect. The problem lies within a user being unfamiliar with how forums work and/or how to navigate through the forums to find what they are looking for. Your feedback will do nothing because a user who is unfamiliar with navigating through forums will still be unfamiliar until they take the time to learn.

http://i.imgur.com/mUvAV18.png
    Last edited by Riane; 02-27-2015 at 08:47 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Maybe to you it means nothing as usual but it means something to me and others, so we will disagree and see what happens.

Either way one change to suit people in a free to play game who aren't as computer savvy as others seems to be a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Maybe to you it means nothing as usual but it means something to me and others, so we will disagree and see what happens.

Either way one change to suit people in a free to play game who aren't as computer savvy as others seems to be a positive.
    There is nothing to disagree with here because the problem is not the forum. It's a user not being familiar with how forums work. You can't change anything on the forums because it's already categorized properly.

It requires the user to take the time to navigate.

http://i.imgur.com/SJNolbj.png
    Last edited by Riane; 02-27-2015 at 09:07 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Considering the plethora of things a new player has to learn in game and knowing forums is somewhere many come to learn these things whether new or a vet it is certainly handy in the time frames we all have that we don't have to navigate as much.

For us that have been here a long time or who spend a lot of time on forums it is pretty easy - I get what you are getting at but if we can simplify it I don't mind asking especially since Last Posts is already available but not actually being fully utilized.

The other suggestion for a category for guides on World Events & Content (Perhaps in Adventures in Telara sub category) is also to save time navigating.

My two suggestions are just suggestions understanding also that it may not be viable.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-27-2015 at 10:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread