+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Neverending Nightmare Zone Event

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    117

    Default Neverending Nightmare Zone Event

    I havent seen a nightmare rift based zone event, so im going to guess there isnt one. I was thinking of an event in keeping with the idea behind nightmare rifts.So...

    *Spawns every 36 to 72 hours( random spawn timer) per server.
    * 50% chance of spawning on Mathosia, 25% chance of spawning on Storm Legion, 25% chance to spawn in plane of water.

    *Goals:
    - Keep 5( or 6) wardstones from falling
    - Close 6 Nightmare Rifts
    - Destroy 12 Nightmare footholds
    - Destroy 200 Nightmare invasions
    - World Nightmare Boss Spawn once above conditions are met.

    *Nightmare Rifts
    - Works like Normal Nightmare rifts except as below:
    - No timer for the first 10 stages( requires at least 10 stages before close)
    - Starts as Tier 1, Every 10 stages it upgrades to the next tier
    -

    *Nightmare Foothold
    - 3 stage foothold that upgrades when hp reaches 0
    - Stage 1: Defended by 4 NPCs
    - Stage 2: 25% HP upgrade. defended by 4 Npcs and 4 Level 1 Turrets
    - Stage 3 50% more hp than level 2, defended by 4 elite NPCs and 4 level 4 turrets.

    * Nightmare Invasion
    - Lead by elite
    - 4 to 6 normal NPCs following.
    - Will always attempt to attack the most distant wardstone from their spawn point

    * Nightmare world boss: 5 tier Multistage world boss. "The boss of bosses"
    - Special Ability (all stages and tiers): Life Siphon- every time a player dies within 50m of boss, the boss gains 0.25% max hp increase and heals for 1% of current max hp. Max HP buff persist and stacks through future stages.
    - Special Ability (all stages and tiers): Nightmare Destroyer - For each wardstone the boss manages to destroy, he gains a 5% damage buff. This persists and stacks through future stages.

    ^Stage 1 ( tier 1 boss) : Fairly low HP and damage. Not difficult for a 20 man group to take down in a couple of minutes
    * Special Abilities:
    - Sleep - Puts everyone to sleep within 10 meters for 5 seconds.60 second CD
    - Horror - Everyone within in 10 meters runs in horror for 10 seconds.60 second CD

    ^Stage 2 ( tier 2 boss): 25% hp increase, 5% damage increase
    * Special Abilities:
    -Sleep 2- Everyone within 15 meters sleeps for 5 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Horror 2- Everyone in 15 meters runs in horror for 10 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Nightmare Ray- heavy damage beam that randomly targets 3 players within 30 meters. 30 sec CD

    ^ Stage 3 (tier 3 boss): 25% hp increase, 5% damage increase
    * Special Abilities:
    -Sleep 3- Everyone within 20 meters sleeps for 5 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Horror 3- Everyone in 20 meters runs in horror for 10 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Nightmare Ray 2- heavy damage beam that randomly targets 6 players within 30 meters. 30 sec CD
    - Dream Bubble- Four 10 meter wide bubbles are randomly targeted on players within 40 meters. Anyone caught in the bubble sleeps for 5 seconds and suffers a DoT while in the bubble. Bubble last 15 seconds. 30 sec CD

    ^ Stage 4 (tier 4 boss): 25% hp increase, 5% damage increase
    * Special Abilities:
    -Sleep 4- Everyone within 25 meters sleeps for 5 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Horror 4- Everyone in 25 meters runs in horror for 10 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Nightmare Ray 3- Beam Damage increased 10%. Targets 9 players within 30m. 30 sec CD
    - Dream Bubble 2- Six 10 meter wide bubbles. Bubble damage increased 10%. Bubble last 15 seconds. 30 sec CD
    -Unending Nightmares - Spawns 6 Nightmare Elite NPCs that randomly attack players that are attacking the boss. Not affected by threat generation abilities. 60 sec cool down.


    ^ Stage 5 (tier 5 boss): 25% hp increase, 5% damage increase
    * Special Abilities:
    -Sleep 5- Everyone within 30 meters sleeps for 5 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Horror 5- Everyone in 30 meters runs in horror for 10 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Nightmare Ray 4- Beam Damage increased 10%. Targets 12 players within 30m. 30 sec CD
    - Dream Bubble 3- Eight 10 meter wide bubbles. Bubble damage increased 10%. Bubble last 15 seconds. 30 sec CD
    -Unending Nightmares 2 - Spawns 8 Nightmare Elite NPCs that randomly attack players that are attacking the boss. Not affected by threat generation abilities. 60 sec cool down.
    - Nightmare Limbo - Red 20m circle centered on random player within 40 meters that teleports you to a random location in the zone 3 seconds after circle appears. 30 second CD
    - Nightmare of the Guard- targets all tanks. Beam stuns and damages 2% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD
    - Nightmare of the Priest - targets all healers. Beam stuns and damages 2% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD
    - Nightmare of the Soldier - targets all DPS. Beam stuns and damages 2% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD
    - Nightmare of the Bard - targets all support. Beam stuns and damages 2% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD

    ****** Bonus loot chest for completing stage 5

    * Stages 6-9: ( per stage) 10% HP increase, 5% damage increase. Special abilities are unaffected. 6 minute timer.

    *Stage 10( tier 5) bonus stage: 10% hp increase, 5% damage increase
    * Special Abilities:
    -Sleep 6- Everyone within 40 meters sleeps for 5 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Horror 6- Everyone in 40 meters runs in horror for 10 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Nightmare Ray 5- Beam Damage increased 10%. Targets 12 players within 30m. 30 sec CD
    - Dream Bubble 4- Eight 10 meter wide bubbles. Bubble damage increased 10%. Bubble last 15 seconds. 30 sec CD
    -Unending Nightmares 3 - Spawns 8 Nightmare Elite NPCs that randomly attack players that are attacking the boss. Not affected by threat generation abilities. 60 sec cool down.
    - Nightmare Limbo 2- Red 20m circle centered on random player within 40 meters that teleports you to a random location in the zone 3 seconds after circle appears. 30 second CD
    - Nightmare of the Guard 2- targets all tanks. Beam stuns and damages 4% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD
    - Nightmare of the Priest 2- targets all healers. Beam stuns and damages 4% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD
    - Nightmare of the Soldier 2 - targets all DPS. Beam stuns and damages 4% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD
    - Nightmare of the Bard 2- targets all support. Beam stuns and damages 4% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD
    - Nightmare Unplugged - Strips one buff from each player within 40 meters of the boss. 60 sec CD

    ***** Bonus Loot chest for completing stage 10

    Stages 11 through 19: ( per stage)10% hp increased, 5% damage increase, special abilities unchanged. 8 minute timer.

    Stage 20 ( tier 5) boss: 10% hp increase, 5% damage increase
    * Special Abilities:
    -Sleep 7- Everyone within 30 meters sleeps for 5 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Horror 7- Everyone in 30 meters runs in horror for 10 seconds. 60 sec CD
    - Nightmare Ray 6- Beam Damage increased 10%. Targets 15 players within 30m. 30 sec CD
    - Dream Bubble 5- Eight 10 meter wide bubbles. Bubble damage increased 10%. Bubble last 15 seconds. 30 sec CD
    -Unending Nightmares 4 - Spawns 8 Nightmare Elite NPCs that randomly attack players that are attacking the boss. Not affected by threat generation abilities. 60 sec cool down.
    - Nightmare Limbo 3 - Red 20m circle centered on random player within 40 meters that teleports you to a random location in the zone 3 seconds after circle appears. 30 second CD
    - Nightmare of the Guard 3- targets all tanks. Beam stuns and damages 6% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD
    - Nightmare of the Priest 3- targets all healers. Beam stuns and damages 6% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD
    - Nightmare of the Soldier 3- targets all DPS. Beam stuns and damages 6% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD
    - Nightmare of the Bard 3- targets all support. Beam stuns and damages 6% HP per second for 5 seconds. 30 sec CD
    - Nightmare Unplugged 2 - Strips two buffs from each player within 40 meters of the boss. 60 sec CD

    ****** Bonus chest on completion

    Stages 21-29: ( per stage)15% hp increased, 5% damage increase, special abilities unchanged. 10 minute timer.

    Etc etc. Every 10 stages you get an extra 2 minutes and the special abilities get a bit stronger. Completing every 10 stages after stage 10 gives you a bonus chest. Chests would be:
    Stage 5 chest - blue nightmare
    Stage 10 chest- purple nightmare
    Stage 20 and above chest - orange nightmare

    To get the chest you must be present during the fight on that stage and be present for a total of 3 of the 5 stages on the first chest and 9 out of 10 of the stages on the other chest.
    Last edited by Thorian; 02-26-2015 at 08:24 AM.

  2. #2
    Shadowlander Feraldira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default wow

    I can tell a lot of thought went into this. personally I think this would be great! if it weren't for the painful amount of lag that zone event bosses and nightmare rifts have in general. I think this would lead to a lot of frustration especially for people who have a hard time getting to zone event bosses in general because of lag. (especially the "teleport to random part of the map" ability.

    I would also like to see some epic zone events. maybe someday...

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts