+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sagittare

Thread: PvPvE mode

Shadowlander

Default PvPvE mode

Hi everyone,

Im still new to the game (been playing for the past 3 months) but I got a bit bored from doing the same thing every day. (Im raid ready with 1k plus hit). The problem for me is beside waiting for a raid schedule, other activities (while a lot) are very repetitive in a robotic way. By robotic, I mean that there is very little human interaction with other people. Everyone is just sort of sharing the parts in doing the same thing. I still remember how awesome it felt the first time when I was leveling up in low-level area and there was a NMR spawn. Then suddenly there were tons of level 65 people join in and grind the rift. Yes, It was pretty awesome consider that fact that starting areas are low populated.

Up until recently, these things get bored real quick because, for the aforementioned reason, there is no human interaction at all. At zone events, ppl just show up to damage the boss in the last boss stage. Some dont even care to finish the boss, just tag enough dmg to the boss and leave. And u all know about NMR

PvP should be the mode where people as least have some sort of communication but Im sure you guys already experienced the chaostic and randomness in PvP mode where people dont even know or realize what the objectives are. Just simple zerg into the mass to spam macros.

That being said, Im thinking about PvPvE mode. It was just a quick pop-up idea, but I think it should be fun. The thing with PvE atm, in my opinion, is at the certain rate, it becomes very predictable. It is only good at first when players are still trying to figuring out and getting used to the bosses' mechanics. After that stage, its all about dps check like current NTE.

So with the PvPvE mode, Im thinking about having 2 seperate teams (10 men each) raiding 1 boss at the same time. First team to kill the boss or have the most damage when the timer runs out win (The boss shows different healthbars for respective team, and each team can see how well/bad the other team is doing)

The difference is, there are multiple phases where both team can sabotage each other. For example, the first phase is warmup where teams have to damage the boss and survive random boss mechanics (with quick respawn for dead member). Then for the next phase, the boss is immune to dmg and he calls out a random player from each team. The other team has to kill that player. Successfully defend or kill a player in other team will furthermore dmg the boss. That is just an example. And human, unlike boss, are unpredictable, so the repeatability of each raid/match should be different.

To balance the mode, players should have the same stats (regardless of gears) for the same role, same class so the raid will really boil down to spec build/ skill / teamwork.There is no switching role when entering the match. Each team should have a certain amount of roles (like couples of tanks, supports, healers, dps) After the win, each member will be rewarded with a random loot chest (this is to prevent loot locked when a team picks up a public player outside the guild). The mode also should be locked at level 65 to make sure that each player has time to play and understand their class/role. With everyone has the same stats, it should not be hard to calculate the total dps needed to set the timer of each match to 20 - 45 mins, which should be ok for those who dont have time to play a lot)

That is all my idea. It is roughly crafted but I think it might have a shot. Please feel free to share with me your feedbacks.

Thanks
    Last edited by Santourye; 02-26-2015 at 05:31 AM.

Rift Disciple

It sounds like what you'd want is something like the Soul Wars minigame in Runescape, and I think a game mode like that would port over to Rift exceptionally well.

It is held in an arena instance with a map like this:
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../c4/SW-Map.png

---

On either side of the map are two bases, one for each team. Each base has a gated graveyard (for respawns, impassible to opponents) and the team's raid boss. In the center of the arena is a large obelisk on an island, and between the obelisk and each base are capturable graveyards. These act similarly to the Bridge in Port Scion, where a player may choose to respawn at any held graveyard. The central obelisk is a control point as well, to be explained later.

At the beginning of the match, both raid bosses are invulnerable. One of Runescape's player stats is a Slayer level ranging from 1-99, and the raid bosses have a stacking buff which requires a Slayer level equal to the number of stacks in order to attack it successfully. They start with 100 stacks, effectively rendering them un-attackable.

All throughout the arena there are respawning trash mobs (jellies and pyrefiends). Upon killing a trash mob it will drop a Soul Fragment for the player to take. If your team currently controls the obelisk, you may offer any held Soul Fragments to it; doing so will reduce the opponents' boss' defensive buff by 1, lowering the requirement to attack. To counter this, your own boss' buff may be increased by defeating other players and burying their remains; there is a chance to increase your boss' buff by 1 for each player defeated and buried. You may also claim another player's held Soul Fragments upon killing them.

Raid bosses may be killed multiple times. They respawn with a short delay, and come back with full stacks of their defensive buff. At the end of 20 minutes, the team with more successful kills wins.

---

It is in some regards a very similar idea to the Port Scion warfront, if it were necessary to kill the opponents' raid boss to win. The Slayer level mechanic can't translate into Rift as we don't have a skill system like that, although it may potentially work to use Hit as a substitute for Slayer. However, I think it would be better instead if each stack on a boss reduced damage taken by 1%, such that at 100 stacks it is invulnerable.

The mode could work well for matches of 10v10 or 20v20. It could potentially stand as an alternate CQ mode as well, although balancing for that many players may be difficult. As a WF-type instance it would work better as a 'first to kill' mode, whereas on the CQ scale it would probably be better to keep the 'most kills in X time' condition, or something like it.
    Sagittare@Deepwood | Harlakk@Deepwood | Lexicus@Deepwood
    <- Hello Kitty->

Soulwalker

Default nice idee

/vote up
    nice idee guys
    Nasuada - lvl 65 cleric - Servants of None - dps kills the boss, but heals make you able to do so

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by powerclan View Post
    /vote up
    nice idee guys
    Dont forget the PvP events in old zone, i saw it a couple of times

But since SL, PvP start to fall in grace for the devs

Quote Originally Posted by netsky666 View Post
    Dont forget the PvP events in old zone, i saw it a couple of times

But since SL, PvP start to fall in grace for the devs
    It seems like the devs have been/are trying to move away from having faction matter. in current end-game content (other than seastone) the only thing that is permanent is class. (warrior, cleric, rogue, mage) the problem with pvp rifts etc is that the game has already strayed far away from having factions matter. but I think this would be a great Idea for instanced pvp.

+ Reply to Thread