+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Rift turns 5 years old 2016 - Suggestions for those who have played since launch.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Rift turns 5 years old 2016 - Suggestions for those who have played since launch.

Reading The Behind the Scenes post with Darkmoon got me reminiscing and thinking about the milestone that Rift will pass next year that will come around quickly.

I wondered if it was possible for special rewards to be given to those who have played this whole time in the form of a title/cape/portrait or perhaps a forum title?

Maybe even the ability to get our original server as a title?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-16-2015 at 10:58 PM.

It's pretty far away still to start speculating.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by McJagger View Post
    It's pretty far away still to start speculating.
    Not speculation, suggestion knowing things take time.

by no means game veteran, but i support this. Loyalty should be rewarded.

And yea... suggestions like these don't come when it's almost time to implement them. This is right time to discuss it.

+1 from me

Thumbs up

Is it too pre-mature for a statue of our 1st character rolled. Oh nvm, we haven't reached 10 years. But not bad, 5 is good.

A title would be nice with a special cape.

Yeah, you know what's going to happen? COTA. Your welcome.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Five years you say?

*Looks at join date*
    --BC

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Five years you say?

*Looks at join date*
    Poor BC, came to my attention when Tacitus mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    There will not be a specific Mariel-Taun Day world event this year. The main component of it, the Love Bug, was never that popular, so we opted not to run it this year. Yes, I know that means at least one of the achievements needs to be retired at some point. I would love to refresh and return this event at some point, but no promises.

We have a few new small offerings for Carnival this year, but are already planning towards next year for a major Carnival update to celebrate our fifth anniversary.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-17-2015 at 07:00 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Yeah, you know what's going to happen? COTA. Your welcome.
    Oops just realized you said something I don't think a title of original server (which in my case was closed down) would be any form of status, EU shards got this when they were closed in more recent years.

The other ideas on my behalf would have no impact and are just ideas.

Don't agree to the loyalty suggestion.

Pure speculation (and largely just hopefulness).

Trion will make a brand new game called "Rift II". It will ditch the Gamebryo engine in favor of something that actually works well on modern hardware (like 4 or 8 CPU cores and 2-4 GPU cores) and takes a 64-bit OS to run so it can USE 8 or 16GB of RAM effectively.

Then they will make a story line where there is a massive war, and we all have to hop into Defiant tubes that will freeze us while the war rages on. When we emerge, the war will be over, and Telara will be a wasteland and changed forever. Our own memories will be slightly affected, and we will now see ourselves in bright and shiny new graphics for modern hardware.

That's that back story. Basically Trion ditches that current game engine, exports our characters, and imports them into the new game engine.

Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

A evolving portrait, can be base off each day that you played, for each 365 days it evolve a level. Can show support that way how long you been in the game.

I want an epic video from Trion. They have a year, they can start on it now. I already did a Retrospective so I expect them to top it.

Actually, while it would probably be a PITA to implement... the lead-up to the 5-year anniversary should be re-enactment/re-releases/whatever-you-wanna-call-it of the various updates. Starting with the River of Souls World Event up through wherever we happen to be at the actual five-year mark.

Call it "The Passing of Time" or something.

New portrait frame, based on the "Bonus Meter" from Nightmare raids. It starts at empty when you first get an account. For every year you play, it fills and then restarts with a new fill color.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

lets look at what they have for loyalty right now. Completing Black tier gets you a title, 36 slot bag, I think a permanent boost of 15% to all XP, Notoriety & token gains, the ability to summon a portable auctioneer, +50 AH bids, & a portrait frame.

Those are some pretty powerful items/abilities, & people who have them have spent some serious cash on the game. I don't see Trion giving out anything above those, but some special mount , or title, or portrait frame would be possible, maybe even probable.
    Kendorath of Reforged on Wolfsbane.

We'll get wings that make the sign "V" starting from the center of our backs. Guardians get more angelic wings and defiants get flame/vfx based crystal wings.

Oh are we posting what we wish to see? Hmm... A new zone!

- they should make a new zone that is big (Ember Isle size)
    - it should have a fantasy style like Silverwood
    - Rifts are more powerful in it and invasions actually mean something again, and fury of the ascended is disabled so nobody can easymode it
    - players must choose some side (make some random NPC factions) and full PvP between the sides is enabled throughout the zone
    - there are dangerous zone events, like the major events that used to run in Silverwood / Gloamwood at launch, with lots of big monsters
    - there is a new currency for buying cool stuff (not necissarily gear upgrades) but whenever you die in the zone, you lose some of this currency (like abyss points in Aion)

So what I want is a sense of danger, risk vs reward, open world PvP, and the return of rifts, invasions and zone events as relevant game elements.

I guess I'll keep on dreaming...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast