+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MagCynic

Thread: A request to chronologically play through the story quests

Rift Disciple

Default A request to chronologically play through the story quests

When I was a new player, I remember being confused with many aspects of the storyline. Part of the problem was the presence of multiple stories taking place at multiple times depending on if you're doing story quests, dungeon quests, or chronicles. These told the overall story at different points in the timeline. It got confusing.

I'd like the option to replay the entire story in the proper order. At max level, it wouldn't really matter if it's a zone quest, a dungeon quest, or a chronicle quest. And the chronicle quests should take the place of any storylines that would have been told during raids. A player who prefers to play by himself will miss out on any story exposition told during a raid. Thus, chronicles should fill this gap. For higher level dungeons that can't be solo'd, simply have an easy way to tell the player what dungeon to play next and let him queue for that specific dungeon.

Obviously you wouldn't get any rewards for completing these quests outside of some platinum or gold, but it'd be cool to, at max level, go back and be led through the entire storyline of Rift. From the beginning tutorial zone to the current storyline with Rhen of Fate. All single player. All lore. All story. That would be wonderful.

Rift Disciple

To add, and bump this to the top, the problem of the order the story takes place in would be somewhat alleviated if Telarapedia was actually up-to-date. I'd do it myself, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing it.

+ Reply to Thread