+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To Rift devs, pls buff 'Slip Away' ability for Rogue to increase the playstyle

Shadowlander

Default To Rift devs, pls buff 'Slip Away' ability for Rogue to increase the playstyle

I know rift devs check this sub and im more familiar with reddit than the official forum so i hope its ok to post here.

I love playing rogue as a 61 Assassin or hybrid with Sin/NB but the longer I play, the more I realize that there is no way to play sin in PvE and PvP that maintains a good dps. The reason is because it is to hard to go in stealth mode with 'Slip Away' being on a huge 2 min cd and the main Stealth ability cannot be used during combat. This is a huge disadvantage for any assassin rogue especially in pvp or conquest.

Most of the time in pvp, people just stack in 2 huge group with rangers and mages from both sides smashing macros, while tank just doing tank thing, there is absolutely no chance to go in as 61 assassin because people will switch target and immediately nuke down assassin, so the only way to go in and out is to use 'Slip Away'. With it being on long cd, it makes it a lot less fun to enjoy the assassin playstyle.

At least 61 Sin got 'thread of death' to offset for the disadvantages, but 61 NB got no way to get into stealth during combat to benifit from 'Dark Malady' buff. And Hybrid NB/Sin with 'Slip Away' again suffers from the long cd and no 'thread of death'. Thats why people ending up playing ranger and markman as rogue DPS for the majority of rogue players.

I really hope for a cd reduction buff on 'Slip Away' or maybe some other abilities, crit attacks, etc. can reduce the cd of 'Slip Away', making pvp a lot more fun. thus reminding squishy targets out there that there is a hidden blade in the shadow

Thanks

What we need in this game really rogue buffs in pvp?!
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Quote Originally Posted by Santourye View Post
    ~ Too hard to go in stealth mode
    ~ This is a huge disadvantage for any assassin rogue especially in pvp or conquest.
    I'm curious, do you feel that your huge disadvantage is worse than the advantage of being able to be stealth is? Because as far as I'm concerned the ability to stealth at all is a HUGE advantage over everyone who isn't able to stealth. Regardless of you can't stealth in combat or stealth every 30 seconds. In my opinion players shouldn't be able to stealth in combat anyways, but that is another discussion for another day.

I giggle when rogues use slip away when I play warlock with the Final Breath mastery. Every.time. Serves you right trying to do something most classes would give their left nut for in pvp.
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3

+ Reply to Thread