+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ysmyrlda

Thread: Aphoggloth event in Draumheim could us a graveyard

Plane Touched

Default Aphoggloth event in Draumheim could us a graveyard

The event taking place as it does in the ocean above Draumheim is nice but when you die it's too far to get back quickly. Every time I do the event I see players complaining about this.

The spawn point it sends us to is outside the eastern side of the city below so unlike other zone events one cannot just run back from a nearby graveyard. You're forced to respawn, ride back to the portal in the city ( a short distance only ) use the jumper and swim a good distance back to the event boss.

This simply takes too long, some players just tend to stay dead and not bother. Also if the healers die the entire group suffers casualties until they can make it back which takes more time than most events to do.

Can you possibly see about putting a graveyard up top, say on the nearby shore or the iceburg next to the one the boss spawns on? I think that would improve everyone's enjoyment of the this event.

Also too many guns, or perhaps because when a healer dies and it takes them so long to return, the pylons also tend to knock quite a few of the raid out.

TY.

People need to learn to kill the menhirs first and not focus on the boss. Mechanics > pugs.

Plane Touched

LOL! so true, .. NMR's are a nighmare of players not doing the obvious. No of course it's fine to keep those mobs out on the fringe by yourself sir, why would we want to succeed?

Menhirs do have a lot of life though. But you're right, the last event I did I gave a few /Yells to kill them but almost everyone ignored the obvious mechanic and though we did of course down the boss it took longer than it should have due to the multiple deaths everyone was suffering.

That aside, no other zone event or any open world content I know of has a very long run back, this one is.

+ Reply to Thread