+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Rift 4.0 should be about revitalizing the old zones

Rift Disciple

Default Rift 4.0 should be about revitalizing the old zones

Instead of another "mega" expansion that focuses on a different plane, why not offer a more "complete" expansion that gets players going through the old zones again. The world of Telara has some absolutely beautiful vistas. Let's get players re-visiting these places. The world feels dead because everyone is dog paddling around the Nightmare Tide zones (which are beautiful by the way).

An expansion could make the world feel alive again. Sanctum and Meridian could use expanding. The towns and locations need more movement if that makes any sense. Entirely new questlines and challenges could be made for max level characters. Raids and dungeons could be added that take place after and deeper into the vanilla raids and dungeons. Graphics could be re-worked and fine-tuned. And can we add some music please? I barely ever hear any.

Oh, and we need more holidays. One of the things I loved about WoW was the calendar feature that showed the upcoming monthly holiday. We need that in Rift. It makes it feel like time is progressing.

Rift Disciple

i took a break about a week before 3.1 went live and now ive returned it seems deader than ever no matter where you are in game

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcyn View Post
    i took a break about a week before 3.1 went live and now ive returned it seems deader than ever no matter where you are in game
    This seems to be exactly what the OP was addressing.... /sarcasm_off

@OP I would love to see this happen, but sometimes redoing old peoples work is harder than making new.
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcyn View Post
    maybe because everyone is busy trying to kill the new raid?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Scotty should kick Crucia's face once and for all cause she won't be his friend...

Quote Originally Posted by MagCynic View Post
    Instead of another "mega" expansion that focuses on a different plane, why not offer a more "complete" expansion that gets players going through the old zones again.
    I like your idea, but come on, 4.0! I finally pve'd enough to get a synergy crystal and 4 pieces of armor to make it work on my cleric.

I'd like to see the old zones reworked and maybe used in like an alternate reality type of scenario. I really liked the way they redid and used Sanctum and Meridian in the current expansion and would like to see that done with all the original zones.
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
    I like your idea, but come on, 4.0! I finally pve'd enough to get a synergy crystal and 4 pieces of armor to make it work on my cleric.

I'd like to see the old zones reworked and maybe used in like an alternate reality type of scenario. I really liked the way they redid and used Sanctum and Meridian in the current expansion and would like to see that done with all the original zones.
    I've also thought about this... perhaps a twisted alternate reality where the bloodfire army has completely overtaken Mathosia?

I kinda just want a fire-based expansion... I've gotten all pruny from this water expansion.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Rift Disciple

The alternate reality would be interesting. The entire expansion could be based around an alternate reality that, at the end of it, becomes the actual reality that changes the entire face of Telara. Maybe it'd be a way to merge the two factions and just get rid of it all.

The alternate reality would be interesting. The entire expansion could be based around an alternate reality that, at the end of it, becomes the actual reality that changes the entire face of Telara. Maybe it'd be a way to merge the two factions and just get rid of it all.
    I really don't want a RIFT: Cataclysm.

Maybe, maybe maybe if Trion can do it right, instead of just removing whole versions of zones and messing with continuity.

I don't trust them with that though.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I really don't want a RIFT: Cataclysm.

Maybe, maybe maybe if Trion can do it right, instead of just removing whole versions of zones and messing with continuity.

I don't trust them with that though.
    I was thinking more along the lines of what Blizzard did with Warlords of Draenor. How they went back to Outland (before it was Outland) and gave players the opportunity to go through an alternate version of a familiar zone.

And then, if Trion does it well, players come out of a 4.0 expansion with a completely new dynamic if the two factions unite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    I kinda just want a fire-based expansion... I've gotten all pruny from this water expansion.
    I was thinking more along the lines of what Blizzard did with Warlords of Draenor. How they went back to Outland (before it was Outland) and gave players the opportunity to go through an alternate version of a familiar zone.
    I definitely want to see the plane of fire. I also think what Blizzard did with WoD is pretty cool.

So it sounds like we need an alternate reality "Hellish" version of 1.0 Telara!
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Rift Disciple

I definitely want to see the plane of fire. I also think what Blizzard did with WoD is pretty cool.

So it sounds like we need an alternate reality "Hellish" version of 1.0 Telara!
    That... would actually be pretty cool. And on the other side of the expanion, the heroes win and Telara is restored to something different from what it was before.

Rift Disciple

Adding new features to old zone or making them worthy for end game players ... agree
    Revamp, and delete places NPCs and quests.... NOOOO, why? because it could be lost forever the best lore it was in rift (i read some comments that agree that vanilla lore is better than SL or PoW lore )
    Last edited by netsky666; 02-11-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by netsky666 View Post
    Adding new features to old zone or making them worthy for end game players ... agree
    Revamp, and delete places NPCs and quests.... NOOOO, why? because it could be lost forever the best lore it was in rift (i read some comments that agree that vanilla lore is better than SL or PoW lore )
    Personally, I think the lore is better than ever. But I think its more variable how that lore is told. Classic Rift spread it out more but it was often boring, while Storm Legion had 1/2 of the content covered by non-lore Carnage quests. Nightmare Tide imo feels like more of a happy medium so my complaints are much less.

The only thing Trion need to do about Mathosia is open Port Scion and Planetouched wilds.

Two grey zones are bad.

After that they should open Shi-Ming to players (and shi-Ming could be linked with the plane of Fire).
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast