+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Messing with my Rhythm (GCD)

Default Messing with my Rhythm (GCD)

I love switching back and forth between various roles on all my characters. But I often find my timing gets skewed by it. Either going to slow or to fast because of the difference in GCD.

Just level the field already make the GCD 1s baseline and removed the talents that reduce it to 1s for some spec's. Playing MMO's is all about muscle memory and timing but the GCD system in Rift makes keeping your timing very difficult.

Most if not all the Top DPS specs already have 1s GCD's, giving 1s to rest won't make any of them go over the top. You may have to make a few adjustments here and there to even things out. Probably have to reduce healing a tad, I don't heal so not sure which if any heal specs have a 1s GCD or not.

But the whole disparity between 1s and 1.5s GCD's really needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    I love switching back and forth between various roles on all my characters. But I often find my timing gets skewed by it. Either going to slow or to fast because of the difference in GCD.

Just level the field already make the GCD 1s baseline and removed the talents that reduce it to 1s for some spec's. Playing MMO's is all about muscle memory and timing but the GCD system in Rift makes keeping your timing very difficult.

Most if not all the Top DPS specs already have 1s GCD's, giving 1s to rest won't make any of them go over the top. You may have to make a few adjustments here and there to even things out. Probably have to reduce healing a tad, I don't heal so not sure which if any heal specs have a 1s GCD or not.

But the whole disparity between 1s and 1.5s GCD's really needs to go.
    Make a few adjustments here or there? Reducing the global cooldown of a soul requires a complete retuning of that soul. It is literally one of the most potent boosts to dps a soul can receive.

Say a soul tuned around a 1.5s gcd is doing ~60k dps. Over the course of a minute that soul will deal 3,600,000 damage. That is an average of 90,000 damage per gcd over the 40 they use in that 60 second segment of time. Reducing their gcd to 1s would result in that soul now doing that same 90,000 per gcd over 60 attacks in that same time frame resulting in 5,400,000 damage, or 90k dps. A 33% reduction in global cooldown results in a 50% gain in dps (obviously not accounting for burst cooldowns or cast time abilities with a cast longer than 1s, this is just generalization to illustrate the strength of a gcd reduction.)

This change is neither as clean and easy, nor as superfluous as you believe.

+ Reply to Thread